Inflation indexed bonds etf?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by newguy05, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Nym

Nym

I would agree if you are not considering EU based bonds. Otherwise there is the risk to old an Italian inflation adjusted bond :)

In that case ETF may provide a better differentiation, isn't it?

#11     Jun 25, 2012
  2. shit man, you should have asked me this weekend when I had an opinion on everything. I'm embroiled in the market at the moment and it is requiring in excess of 100% of my small brain power.

I'll think about it. You do the same and maybe next weekend I will learn something.

#12     Jun 25, 2012
  3. Nym

Nym

No prob oldtime,
    and thx for engaging in this conversation!
    Still talking of the EU, is hard to find a bank that offer decent commission + leverage for EU-based bond like IB does for US.

This can be translated in more costs for the EU bond older.

I also have another question. Given the right MACD, would you consider a bond related ETF always growing?

#13     Jun 26, 2012
  4. One thing you can be sure of if inflation gets out of control they will screw you.

Think about it, the people you are buying the bond from are the same people responsible for creating the conditions ripe for inflation in the first place. They are trying to offload that risk onto willing dupes. I suggest they will change the calculation formula on you just when you need it most.

IOW: I don't know about you but the first person I look to, to buy fire insurance from isn't the local arsonist in his off season fire ins job.

#14     Jul 4, 2012