Inflation Calculator

Discussion in 'Economics' started by myminitrading, Sep 28, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

You obviously don't get it. But then, why should you? The vast majority of Americans see things the way you do... just where the Gummint wants you.

#11     Sep 28, 2007
  2. clacy

clacy

No I get it, but given the choice between living a crappy standard of living and having little or no inflation, and having some (even moderate) inflation and having great access to health care, technology, housing, energy, vacations, education.................I'm pretty happy with where things are at.

Believe me, I'm no fan of the way our government taxes and spends. It is flat out disgusting. Entitlement spending may someday cause the US to suffer some serious consequences, but that is due to a voting public that will vote for the politician who promises them the most "free stuff".

At the end of the day, I believe that the fed is doing the best job they can.

#12     Sep 28, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

Your share of the bill for all of this "debt based prosperity" is about to come due... I doubt you'll be happy for long.

#13     Sep 28, 2007
  4. clacy

clacy

Oh, I am fairly young (32), so it's safe to say that I will face larger tax burdens throughout my life. That sucks, but I have to play the hand I'm delt. I'll go back to my original point, that I'm glad I was born in 1974 and have led the life that I have, rather than being born in the 1800's when there was little inflation or deflation.

My question to you gnome (you seem to be very doom and gloom on these boards), please give me your vision of the US in the next 30 years. I'm not being a smartass, I just would like to hear what it is that you think will make me so unhappy in the future.

#14     Sep 28, 2007
  5. kashirin

kashirin

It's easy
    As imbalances are not fixed at some point the world might decide to stop using $ as a reserve currency.
    Actually probably it happens right now

Quite soon after the process is over US will have crisis compared to Argentina in 2000 or Russia in 1998.

Check google or wikipedia what happened there.

#15     Sep 29, 2007