infinium capital management

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by elcat9091, Feb 8, 2008.

1. How has the Prop Shop business changed so radically over the past few years. Back in the early 2000's I sent resumes to every trading firm I could get my hands, eyes, and ears on, including Infinium and the only one that ever called me was USA Trading, who is also known as League Trading. They ran me through the ringer as far as tests are concerned and I bombed a logic puzzle test and that was the end of that. I just don't understand logic puzzles but I can trade like the wind, so go figure.

So how is it that just about anyone with a bank account and a heartbeat can get hooked up with a prop firm these days when I couldn't even get the time of day?

All is well that ends well I suppose because now I get to trade my own account, the accounts of my clients, and I get to do it from the luxury of my own home so perhaps firms like Infinium did me a favor by not calling. I must have sent out 200 resumes. 1 phone call and a "we're not all that interested" is all I got.

#11     Feb 8, 2008
  2. Blufin74,
    thanks for the helpful comments. I've heard mostly only good things from people who actually know something about the firm. I still have to check them out by researching as Don suggests.

#12     Feb 9, 2008
  3. yoyoman2

yoyoman2

speaking as someone whose gone through the same thing all i can say is you went aggressive enough.

InfiniumCM (at the CBOT) is an amazing place to work at. I got an interview there with katie, i took a job as an analyst as a fund instead though.

League trading with jacob is a great place too and almost all trading shops will give you BS math/logic tests. I dont know if there is a correlation between this and becoming a good trader but you will have to learn to jump through the hoops. sounds like everything worked out for you so congrats!

#13     Feb 14, 2008