Infinite Alpha >>>

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, May 2, 2011.

1. Going to Cash

S&P is up 7% or so YTD. I'm getting out of positions to get my portfolio back to cash mode. Goal is to be 80%+ in cash going into June as I expect not much upside left after the fed tightening and most likely we can expect a severe sell off before the years end. Will only be looking to accumulate great opportunities if and when there is such great mispricings to be found.

#11     May 6, 2011
  2. Exposed..

My portfolio is so exposed. This exposure to an eventual collapse in my portfolio holdings arises from the fact that I'm holding onto some toxic assets that could explode at any moment and take my portfolio down with it.

I must get rid of unwanted positions ASAP. I must dig deep and gain confidence in order that I may survive for a better day. I must get my portfolio management duties under control so that I can go out there and pursue capital.

#12     May 12, 2011
  3. EXECUTION

The odds are against me.

99% of new businesses do not survive the very first 5 years.

#13     May 13, 2011
  4. ronblack

ronblack

His statement is self-evident from empirical data. Either you have an edge and you keep compounding your profits or you don't.

His statement is a principle of nature, or an axiom.

#14     May 13, 2011
  5. Life all comes down to a few moments. This is the biggest moment of all.

Everything is falling apart, breaking down. I must regroup, refocus and I must persist. I must refocus in on the fundamentals and I must seize the moment !!!

#15     Aug 12, 2011
  6. че за поебень вообще??

#16     Aug 12, 2011
  7. bone

bone

You wouldn't know ALPHA if it appeared in your stool tomorrow morning.

#17     Aug 12, 2011
  8. ill pay 2's

#18     Aug 12, 2011
  9. i hope we`ll never know Beta decay

#19     Aug 12, 2011
  10. in our lives Span.........

#20     Aug 12, 2011