INDIGO SOFTWARE

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gdo55, Jul 6, 1999.

1. gdo55

gdo55 Guest

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE PROS AND CONS OF INDIGO INVESTMENT SOFTWARE BY MICROSTAR-RESEARCH.
    THANKS

2. Randy

Randy Guest

ONE CON IS NO MONEY BACK GUARANTEE PERIOD. I MAKE A POINT OF RUNNING FAST WHEN I HEAR THAT.

3. Terry

Terry Guest

I'm a beginning online trader, and have been looking into trading software, including Indigo. Sunny J. Harris, author of Trading 101 and Trading 102 highly recommends Indigo on her website, www.moneymentor.com.

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone may have on her review, Indigo, and software for beginning traders.

I also am concerned about the no money back guarantee.

4. Aqua

Aqua

Anyone out there had any experience with Indigo Investor. I was considering it and wanted to know if anyone would like to share their experience of it, i.e. success rate, user friendliness, etc.

Thanks

5. bdub7

bdub7

Just wondering if you've bought and used the Indigo software yet and what your experience has been.
    I've taken the demo and it looked good, but sometimes things look much better on demo than in practice.
    I'd appreciate any experienced comments.

6. tradeRX

tradeRX

the magic is watching your money disappear when placed in this "black box" ...bye bye

7. J-Trade

J-Trade

I found Indigo to be a 'typical' black box - great backtest, lousy in anything other than a bull market. The developer started (with others) a so-called hedge fund 18 months ago to trade 'the very latest parameters', with a conservative annual target of +50%. The last I heard, which was about two months ago, they were still in negative territory. If the developer can't make money, what chance does anyone else have !? However, I met the developer a couple of years back & he told me they were turning over (= selling software) "more than Omega", ie. that's where they make a lot of money.

The moral of this story, which I think I am finally beginning to 'get', is that the only real success comes from learning to trade directly oneself.

8. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

amen

9. alain

alain

Indigo is the biggest joke there is!
    Two years ago I tried the software... after that they called me like twice a week until I told them that I work for a trading company. Imagine they called me like 20 times - International call! From the US to Switzerland! And each time the guy was talking to me for over an hour.

By the way, they always show these great performances that you would be able to achive with this software. The point is that they do have filters that actually achive that kind of performance... the Joke: there are several hundred filters in the software you have to choose from. The Point: in the advertising the only show the filters that didn't loose any money. You get it?

Here are two articels from Gary Smith (thestreet.com) about the Indigo software.

http://www.thestreet.com/comment/techforum/787287.html
    http://www.thestreet.com/comment/techforum/791911.html

If there was any easy money lying around, no one would force it into your pocket!

Alain
    (Switzerland)

10. Indigo are excellent of giving "canned demos" at the various trade shows. They basically provide a large selection of basic simple systems, and when run across a large universe of stocks, some systems will (by chance) do well.

I spent a few hours playing with the product and selecting other combinations of stocks/systems. Poor performance in most cases. I decided not to spend more time on them.

#10     Jun 24, 2001