Indicators for intraday

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jb514, May 9, 2011.

1. bstay

bstay

before i dig myself into that Bar By Bar thread, ....... i just want your quick recommendation if I should read Al Brook's book "Reading Price Charts Bar by Bar" (2009). usually alot of nonsense in threads so i tend to avoid after it had gone past 8 pages or more and the main topic degenerated. but i like to hear your opinion about the book. thanks.

#11     May 10, 2011
  2. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

this girl knows her stuff. I say we keep her around here. Whadduya say fellas.. A vote yes or no!!. I say yes, lets let her stick around......:D :D :D

Excellent post NoDoji, as usual

EF

#12     May 10, 2011
  3. bstay

bstay

is there a reason to trade oil futures intraday, instead of equities/silver/gold/forex/eminis, etc?

#13     May 10, 2011
  4. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

what ever you are comfortable with. I would not recommend Oil or Gold if you are just starting out. The swings can be ferocious.

Trade something deep and fluid.

EF

#14     May 10, 2011
  5. Is there any real effect out of voting? We can't even get rid of 'bearice' despite voting .......

#15     May 10, 2011
  6. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

dang it you said his name, he will be on this thread shortly.

EF lolol

#16     May 10, 2011
  7. And you thought voting was such a big deal, lol.

#17     May 10, 2011
  8. Everything works until it doesn't including price action, s&r, moeny management,you name it. I know a couple very successful fund managers who pay a lot of attention to overbought/oversold conditions. But that it not the only thing they pay attention to and this is the key. Their final decisions take into account a multitude of indicators and methods and more importantly experience.

#18     May 10, 2011
  9. There are plenty of vendors out there willing to sell you the perfect indicator! Just ask them! :D

I was lucky enough to get in on the last of a very limited run of the PinkyBlue System, created by Pinky of Pinky and the Brain (short on pinky, buy on bluey).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/pbw.png/

Fortunately, there are a zillion vendors out there, but the only ones that are worth anything start by asking you about the health of your kidneys.... :D

#19     May 10, 2011
  10. samus

samus

Don't use or rely on indicators. Trade a naked chart with intraday support and resistance, it's all you need. It's old school and it works. Period.

#20     May 10, 2011