Indicator Multi Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pjk1966, May 25, 2011.

1. pjk1966

pjk1966

I have an Intel i7 6Core CPU system running Windows 7 Ultimate and drive 6 monitors with the ATI Sapphire 5870 Eyefinity 6 PCIe video card.
    I recently purchased an indicator system that only runs on Ninjatrader 6.5 and my broker is MBTrading. The new MBT Desktop is not compatible with Ninjatrader 6.5 so I need to run MBT Navigator. But, MBT Navigator is not compatible with Windows 7.

I can downgrade my system to Windows XP, but my 5870 video card only drives 2 monitors in XP OS.
    I may be able to use a 3rd party multi monitor driver software but am certain I will need to change video cards. I looked at http://www.9xmedia.com/new/products/...n-software.php but am not sure what hardware configuration I need.

My PC has 3xPCIe slots I can use to install new dual DVI video cards, but I really do not know what hardware or software I need to drive 6 monitors in Windows XP.

If anyone has a suggestion please let me know here. :D

2. XP can handle 6 monitors, no problem. Recommend Nvidia Quadro NVS 295 video cards... get 'em cheap on eBay. They use DP connectors, so be sure to have DP video cables or that your video cards come with DVI-DP adapters.

3. 1) Can you run XP mode in Windows 7? If so, your software may work under that configuration.

2) Many video cards support dual VGA or DVI outs. I have been using PNY Technology and EVGA makes. 8400 GS is the model I use in PCIe X16 and Windows 7. They work okay. Probably around $40 each (new). They are not the heavy duty gaming cards, but do the job for trading.