India's stock market

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by qtip, May 17, 2004.

1. Mecro

Mecro

Yeah you are right, I am just a cheerleader that knows nothing. It's just that i was born there, lived there half my life and have many relatives there. Also my father has been trading the Russian stock market since the onset very successfully and has a number of businesses opening up throughout Moscow as well as in the near by suburbs and ski resort. Besides his insight, there are a number of Russian sites that are in both Russian and English that give much more unbiased economic view of the country, the market, politics and fundamentals. I would mention them but I wonder whether you even know what they are.

#21     May 18, 2004

2. Did I call you a know nothing? Reading between the lines is one thing, reading what isn't there is another.

I wonder if my friend in St. Petersburg (who is involved w/ a fund) knows your dad or has heard of him - quite possible I imagine.

Anyway I never claimed to be an expert on the Russian market, I just gave my perspective on what's going on and what international investors might be paying attention to. Your information may well be ten times better than mine, I never said it wasn't.

But again, as a general rule of thumb it's broad perception that counts. You're the one who went on an emotional tear labeling my opinion "propaganda." I called you a cheerleader because your defensiveness was out of all proportion to anything that was said.

Russia is a wonderful country and you're an expert on their fundamentals, congratulations! You have a right to be proud. No need to get pissy though.

#22     May 18, 2004
  3. jimbo320

jimbo320

isnt the indecision due to the hung parliment and the concerns of the controlling ionfluence of the communinst party ?

#23     May 18, 2004
  4. Mecro

Mecro

Ok I see your point. I would not care about perception much being that most of the international trading/investing community CANNOT directly trade or buy Russian equities. I should know being that even I am gonna have to wait a few weeks for an account or sub-account to open up at the bank my father traded at for years. So the perception of those who can't even touch the market is worth nothing.

So who cares what they think since they are just drooling at the opportunity to create another bubble, an opportunity that is hard to get. Remember the Russian debt crisis? Goldman Sachs made millions if not billions from pumping that trading up. Whose perception really mattered during that time?

#24     May 18, 2004
  5. Mecro

Mecro

Apparently the big money in India finally showed who is boss.

Quite a beautiful 2-way trading opportunity for those who could capture it.

#25     May 18, 2004