Indians in America

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Grandluxe, Sep 2, 2012.

1. clacy

clacy

Back in my sales days, I sold to some wealthy Indian-Americans on occasion. The experience was brutal. I almost walked away from one particular sale (and commission) because I was very near my breaking point.

#11     Sep 4, 2012
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I understand fully. I sold BMW's for a SHORT lol time many moons ago. You should have seen what it was like dealing with LBD's. (Little brown doctors):eek: Thought I was gonna lose my sanity...

#12     Sep 4, 2012
  3. #13     Sep 5, 2012
  4. SREC

SREC

All jokes aside, Indians and Pakistanis are so hellbent on getting a bargain that they will bargain away and lose an upfront great deal just because there is no wiggle room in it. They will argue over a couple dollars on a 50 dollar item to the point that the seller just gets fed up and says no deal.

I don't know what it is but what I notice is that they don't actually know how to recognize a good deal right away, they moreso imply based on the bargaining. It's quite silly really.

#14     Sep 5, 2012
  5. My wife does software testing with a bunch of them and they stink up the microwave at work with their curry and the the Asians microwave fish, WTF!, and really stink up the kitchen. Then a few hours later you don't want to use the bathroom she said.

But hey Indians in America are very polite and their kid's manners are great. No gangsta rap, excuse me, please and thank you.

#15     Sep 5, 2012
  6. We had a joke in sales. just say no to Patel's. I was selling PBX's for a large telecom mfg about 10 years ago. I quoted the guy a fair price and he tells me, after wasting about 30-40 hours of my time ( complex sales process ) that he can buy a knock off Siemens Rolm PBX in Mubai for 6k when I quoted 40k. I just left in disgust.

#16     Sep 5, 2012
  7. man visits India , gets bombay belly.He visits brother in law and they go to city centre.Bombay belly is dripping is his trousers and underwear is getting cold , meanwhile typical Indiian brother in law stops 12 Rickshaws(taxis) to save 10 rupees .He wants to screw the taxis for a fare reduction , so he stops four them and wastes their time and fuel , until they decide to reject the lower bid for taxi ,and all drive away.6 more taxis come along , and brother in law is jumping up and down trying to hold bombay belly , he holds his buttocks to keep it , and brother in law gets rejected by 6 more taxis , finally they get a taxo for 1/10 of the price and a ride to nearest public toilet , and drycleaners.

India is backwards and has remained so for obvious reasons.

#17     Sep 5, 2012
  8. I had a ha ha too.

#18     Sep 5, 2012
  9. You guys realize the Banks in India are paying 9% interest and ours 1%?

My brown friends here have quite a racket with their NRI/OCI setups where they are able to move their profits and income overseas, perpetually tax deferred until repatriated which never happens. They are able to setup sweep accounts while legit Americans are being pushed out of foreign banks via FATCA.

I've seen a bunch of contractors come here.. work for 5 years on modest American w-9 wages as management consultants, spend next to nil here, pay no taxes then packup and go home retired.

$600k tax deferred earning 9% plus a 50x currency multiplier for them...
    Then they get all of their cousins and brothers and sisters doing the same.

Ever notice none of them have significant retirement accounts here?
    Just the minimum to get the matching and every trick under the sun to take it out without penalties.

The ones that get paid W2 wages get the added benefit of receiving social security payments direct deposited into their Indian Bank accounts. The biggest scam is there is no formal process for reporting deaths so their family continues to receive these benefits long after death.

They are cunningly working our system and all of the gaping swiss cheezy holes.

Of course its easy and a little fun to mock them but in someways I'm a little envious of their ability to walk away.

#19     Sep 5, 2012