Indiana in Play

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Yes you do... !

It's called THINK!

#11     Oct 31, 2008
  2. See... that is the difference between me and you. I actually agree with you that many minorities abused the system and need to be held fully accountable. I can concede a point; that takes confidence!

But it's how we reach our opinions that also matters. I do not come to my opinions based upon dogma or simplistic, rote thinking. I see each issue and each person as distinct, unique and separate from statistical similarities when I make judgments!

When YOU are able to do the same, think more independently, and evaluate people that way... on their OWN merits and personal character traits... rather than broad-brush stereotypes (SOME of which are sometimes accurate), you will be much happier; and may I dare say, much more successful whether in politics or otherwise! (not just money success)

JMHO

#12     Oct 31, 2008
  3. This is YOUR statement:

"Guess he also believes that most whites-collar criminals are not white!"

How does that jive with your bs about not employing "broad-brush stereotypes."

I will bet there isn't an iota of difference between the per capita rate of white collar criminals based on race. A black bank teller stealing from the till is just as much "white collar" crime as her white boss taking a kick back from a loan applicant.....

#13     Oct 31, 2008
  4. The number 232,607 for below 18 was an estimate in 2006 (see http://www.stats.indiana.edu/profiles/pr18097.html)
    The total population estimate was in 2007. Is it possible an adult (18+) population to increase in 2 years? Hmm, what if everyone grew by 2 years and fewer people died...

#14     Oct 31, 2008
  5. It wasn't always like this. :(
    There are still some small rare places in U.S., where you can actually step back in time.... to days of yesteryear. Where the pace is slow, no crime or graffiti on walls, clean fresh air.... but alas not too many places like that anymore. I've been in 43 states, Vermont comes to mind when talking about good communities, good people, good landscapes.....

I too wish for the days of Norman Rockwell...

#15     Oct 31, 2008
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjJq_9v-QnQ

#16     Oct 31, 2008
  7. TRS

TRS

You're a trader aren't you? You help facilitate change.You're changing the landscape. You're helping to flatten the earth. You can't have it both ways.

#17     Oct 31, 2008
  8. TRS

TRS

#18     Oct 31, 2008
  9. 151

Iceman it is very interesting to watch people stick a pin in you, and see that your opinion of yourself doesn't deflate one bit.

Twice in this thread you have accused people of something and then when they came back and faced down your accusations you didn't even mention it, except to rant about how just and balanced your own views are.

#19     Oct 31, 2008
  10. If it's a tossup you can count on Bradley to tip it in McCain's favor.

#20     Oct 31, 2008