India to overtake China in 2020

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Yuvrajjj, Jan 1, 2010.

1. toc

toc

India can overtake China in terms of economic growth, but 21st Century belongs to China. Their growth is more organized. India will do fine and even good in few areas. Let's us see what Asia Rising tends to result for the whole world. Hopefully good for everyone. :D :cool:

#41     Aug 21, 2010
  2. I've visited metal fabrication facilities both in China and India which required long drives away from the large cities. Compared to China, India is a despicable hell hole. I don't think the Chinese have anything to worry about the Indians.

#42     Aug 21, 2010
  3. Here is GDP Comparison from GS Research (2005).

Regards,
    Suri

[​IMG]

#43     Aug 21, 2010
  4. Projected US$ GDP

[​IMG]

#44     Aug 21, 2010
  5. More saki to you.
    Who gives a shit about being no. 1. If the Dow,s advancing i invite her in, embrace her , suckle her , drink to my fullest......if she,s tanking i bang her from the behind. The same goes to everything else tradeable.
    Nice one this Globalisation, it levels the playing field.Just dont take away my right to short.

#45     Aug 21, 2010
  6. All these projections are absolute nonesense. Extrapolating data like this is like the fund managers purvey bullshit "annualized returns" from a few months of data to fleece the unsuspecting.

90% of Indians have a lower living standard than a mexican share cropper. They openly defacate in the streets and then go bathe in rivers that are full of dead 1/2 burnt corpses. It doesn't take a genius to figure out there will some type of massive plague that will wipe off most of India's population in the very near future.

The Chinese have a habit of not having kids once they make some money. China's birth rate is already below replacement levels compounded by the fact they don't have enough women because they artificially select for males only. By 2050 China will not have enough population to work the factories. Ask the Japanese, they should know.

Russia is dependent only on it's resources and their demographics is going off the cliff. The men are drunk and the women aren't making any kids.

Brazil is the unknown. I haven't looked at Brazil but all I hear and read about is the high crime there.

My final analysis is America will still be #1 50 years from now if it can get it's house in order. In the economic depression ahead one hopes Americans will rout out the criminal elements embedded inside their bureaucratic, political and economic system and finally bring their house back in order by kicking out the foreign lobbyists and domestic fifth columnist anti-american foreign agents. Keep an eye on the net neutrality laws, because the republicans and their domestic terrorist neocon helpers are hell bent in subverting the free flow of information. If the republicans and their domestic terrorist friends manage to control net neutrality, then America will end up like the average southern shit hole states. Dead last in everything.

#46     Aug 21, 2010
  7. Interesting topic, I must agree with the last post: extrapolation shows it's limit everyday, let's wait, see, and not sell short America so soon.

Sarah

#47     Aug 21, 2010
  8. 2010: India has the largest English speaking population.
    US is the second largest Spanish speaking country.

2004 India became a strategic partner of the EU. The EU is India’s largest trading partner and the main source of foreign investment into India.

In 2008 India overtook U.S to become 2nd Largest Wireless Network in the world.

2010 WIMAX: Wireless Broadband Access throughout India 37mb

Government subsidized $35 laptop for education.

College is cheap... Top 30 Distance Learning Colleges in India
    http://www.ignou.ac.in/
    Tuition:7000 rupees / year (less than $200)

Seriously... they have more educated professionals then our entire unemployed and incarcerated population.

Over the past 10 years much product design, development and engineering has been outsourced and joint ventured in India.

US will likely lose reserve currency status and the Chinese will be left high and dry.

#48     Aug 21, 2010
  9. There are some ruthless Chinese - too exploitative like the owner of Foxconn and many other slave factories in China. Many overseas Chinese had learned business ethics, but the ones in China are still unscrupulous - making toxic food and medication.

Until China learn some business ethics, their products cannot be trusted to be safe and work as specified. I have no problem with a Chinese-made desk fan, but I will not get on a China-manufactured airplane - slave workers cannot make great products.

#49     Aug 21, 2010
  10. 1) foxconn's facility/living campus is better than most outside of china. The suicides are a result of social changes and nothing to do with poor living conditions. Workers are sometimes overworked but that is by their own choice.

2) 30% of boeing main aircrafts are made in china, even more for airbus. So i guess you wont be flying commercial ever.

moron....

#50     Aug 21, 2010