India to overtake China in 2020

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Yuvrajjj, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Your reflection on this matter provides new insights. Keep writing. :)

#11     Jan 1, 2010
  2. An underanalyzed issue when talking about the BRICs. Water will be very important in a few decades.

#12     Jan 1, 2010
  3. I think American outsourcing to India is finished.

It was a Bush initiative and the government has learned the errors of it's ways.

It's only a matter of time before America goes back on the BUY AMERICAN band wagon and India turns back into it's previous self.

The Chinese are a serious threat as a world power though because they are far more adaptable and better educated.

For fun I've decided to learn to speak Mandarin this year.

#13     Jan 1, 2010
  4. Everyone is a comedian...have you actually been to india?

Other than the city center of mumbai/bombay which is well developed and catered towards western business, the country is still in the 19th century.

You cannot compare the infrastructure, transportation, nor overall economy between the two country, it's not even close. Nor the pace which progress is happening.

China right now view india as sort of the retarded cousin who is trying so hard but just doesnt come close, then get jealous and start making all those public whines about china not playing fair /cry. Ask most people in china about india comparison, they will just laugh. India may eventually overtake china but not by 2020, maybe in another 50-100 years.

The country other than china which is a good potential for investment in my opinion is brazil, and the women there!!! wow!

#14     Jan 1, 2010
  5. You spoiled the fun. Just like the child spelled out that the empire deos not have clothes; this applies to the whole Indian nation.:D

#15     Jan 1, 2010
  6. All the educated Americans will be dead or outnumbered when the baby boomers die. If you don't believe me, walk into the engineering and math departments of any top 30 engineering school in the US.

The future of America are the people they feature on TV shows like "Jersey Shore" now.

#16     Jan 1, 2010
  7. i think it is interesting that it is not just education but risk and taking calculated risk that make a country great. i have traded for over 20 years and the best traders have been american by far indians too risk adverse, want to quantify everything but surprise ,surprise trading=business is dirty and you have to take some risk. chinese=get all drunk on risk and just gamble like madmen and get killed. the models are the romans, the british,the mongols,alexander, the rest were just lucky

#17     Jan 1, 2010
  8. Garch,

"the situation" is under control, wouldn't you say ?

:)

#18     Jan 1, 2010
  9. toc

toc

One major advantage India has over China is that India has belief in Religion and respect for all the religions. Chinese are godless commies!

#19     Jan 1, 2010
  10. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

Christians in India Faced Three Attacks per Week in 2009

NEW DELHI (Compass Direct News) – After unprecedented large-scale attacks on Christians in the previous two years, 2009 brought hardly any respite as the minority faith faced an average of more than three violent attacks a week.
    There were at least 152 attacks on Christians in 2009, according to the “Partial List of Major Incidents of Anti-Christian Violence in India” released by the Evangelical Fellowship of India....

http://www.christianpost.com/articl...n-india-faced-three-attacks-per-week-in-2009/

#20     Jan 2, 2010