India to Chinese investors: No more visas, hire Indians

Discussion in 'Economics' started by swtrader, Sep 17, 2009.

1. R1234

R1234

This is never a good thing to bring foreigners to do work that the locals are perfectly capable of doing.

Just look at the US. There are too many H1B's shipped in to do work that US Citizens are perfectly capable of and willing to do at even lower wages. Many H1B software guys in the US earn between $80k to $200k and eventually take their savings back to their country of origin.

How has that benefited the host country in any way? I think Protectionism is a good thing when it comes to protecting a country's competitive edge.

#11     Dec 5, 2009
  2. Chinese construction companies have won some sizable jobs in the US... and brought their own workers.

Only way around this is protectionism, but that's difficult to invoke when we're dependent upon the Chinese to continue lending us money...

#12     Dec 5, 2009
  3. mahadiga

mahadiga

#14     Dec 5, 2009
  4. #15     Dec 5, 2009
  5. indexer

indexer

China only lend us money in proportion to our annual trade deficit. If we have no trade deficit with them, they won't lend us money.

The reason we need to borrow money is to take care of the displaced & unemployed workers. If these people were employed by the private sector in the US, which would be the case if there were no trade deficit, there would be no need to expand the government and borrow money.

#16     Dec 5, 2009
  6. +1

Pretty much.

Add to that that the original source of capital for China was Wall Street and Walmart, and much of the trade deficit gets recycled back to those entities.

#17     Dec 5, 2009
  7. poyayan

poyayan

That is not true. I think the real reason is labor control. China is not a democracy and the people in charge has immense power over everyday workers.

You added the fact that if they worked oversea, they are an even more captive labor force.

Chinese companies will not do this unless this is the best financial option.

#18     Dec 5, 2009
  8. This is not the correct observation you did. There are so many guys stay in india even if they got best living chances in abroad. In my opinion working in other country mean selling our knowledge to outers instead of sharing with brothers. I think relationship occupies the first place when compared with business.

#19     Dec 8, 2009
  9. rozoord

rozoord

Wow good quote bro, I am thinking the same,,,,

temporary storage area

#20     Jan 18, 2010