India economics. where does the money go?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ghettotrade, Oct 26, 2010.

1. If its not on american TV, it didnt happen I guess.

There were 3 wars with pakistan in 1947, 1965 and 1971.

There was a war with China in 1962.

Basically there have been 16 wars in India in the last 60 years and 4 of those wars are still going. US only has 2 wars going on right now. India has 4 wars. We need to go to war with 2 more countries to catch up.

#31     Oct 31, 2010
  2. No.Heat

No.Heat

Moron, educate yourself before you speak like the Messiah.

#32     Oct 31, 2010

3. http://www.ers.usda.gov/data/macroeconomics/data/historicalgdpsharesvalues.xls

India's GDP share in the world has doubled in last 50 years from 0.8% to 2%; but population is more than doubled for the same period; In addition because costs for basic needs, such as food, clothes which are most in demand in poor nations, increased much faster than other goods. It is safe to say, Indians living standards relative to the rest of the world did not change in the last 50 years. If not become worse.

#33     Oct 31, 2010
  4. Agassi

Agassi

5. Oman's exchange rate is 2.5 to the dollar...therefore Oman is 2.5 times richer than the USA also!

In Latvia, its 1.9to the dollar so Latvia is 1.9 times richer than the US.

Luckily we are still miles ahead of Japan...80 yen to the dollar so that means we are 80 times richer than them.

Oh and lets look at Vietnam...19,495 dong to the dollar. That means that if we go to vietnam with $20 we can buy a Ferrari over there because $20 = 389,000 Dong which we all know is how much a ferrari cost in dollars over here so it must cost 389k dong in vietnam. I mean we have 19,495 times more purchasing power than vietnam so its logical (In bearice world) that we can buy a luxury car for only $20 bucks right?

/sarcasm off

#35     Oct 31, 2010
  6. #37     Oct 31, 2010
  7. Might be a reality soon. India is manufacturing a sub $30 Netbook type computer for all of its kids along with free wireless internet infrastructure throughout the country.

Seems like a Smart Govt investment compared to what we have done here.

#38     Oct 31, 2010
  8. loza

loza Guest

This is funny to say on a US trading forum.... WE (in the USA) have exactly the same thinking, except we think our democracy is so fucking great that we also want to export it to people who want nothing to do with it...

#39     Oct 31, 2010
  9. When I was in Philippines this summer, I bought a nokia cell phone for about $15. That came with its own SIM card plus $1 worth of calls.

Service with cell phones is much easier over there. No complicated plans, or going over your minutes...you can just go up to someone with a cell phone and buy minutes off them. The phones are all set up that you can transfer your minutes from phone to phone. Income calls and texts are free also.

#40     Oct 31, 2010