India doubles billionaires

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Yuvrajjj, Nov 19, 2009.

1. from that article

"Some very simple practices that you often take for granted, such as being ethical in day to day situations, or believing in the rule of law in everyday behavior, are surprisingly absent in many situations,” said Raju Narisetti, who was born in Hyderabad and returned to India in 2006 "

that's no sh-t, anyone who'es ever dealt with people from india knows that they lie through their teeth, cheat and steal anything that isnt nailed down

An American who says that -> racist

An Indian returning to India who says basically the same thing -> 'poor returning expat'

political correctness is f--king up this country to be almost as bad as India

#31     Nov 30, 2009
  2. dewton

dewton

#32     Nov 30, 2009
  3. GG1972

GG1972

Debt to GDP ratio for India is about 13%
    Same for US and most western countries is over 80% now--we are living on borrowed money.

Besides Indians hold the greatest Gold hoardes outside of banks-think about that for a second --over 10000 tonnes of it. Thats 10000000 Kg, roughly 330000000 Ounces at $1100/ounce :)

What are most Westerners holding ? Plastic that they owe on.

The media doesnt present the right picture here --just read any of the major newspapers in India or follow the blogs of any of the Americans living there to know the true picture. Every culture is different. Pros and cons but I wish most people ehre would wake up to the reality

#33     Dec 1, 2009
  4. That's only $300 per capita in perceived wealth.

Next time I watch small indian children with flies on their noses begging for my money on TV, I'll keep in mind how wealthy the average indian is.

#34     Dec 1, 2009

5. Not to forget the amount lying idle in Swiss banks.

#35     Dec 1, 2009

6. http://rt.com/Top_News/2008-09-29/New_hypersonic_missile_to_be_uninterceptable.html

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Bra...or_Progress_On_Indian_Cruise_Missile_999.html

now imagine a shower of such cruise missiles approaching at mach 5 fitted with miniature nuclear war heads how would you defend yourself ?

there is no defence system today that can intercept a Brahmos 2.

#36     Dec 1, 2009
  7. mahadiga

mahadiga

"A country is not made of land; a country is made of its people." -- Unknown

#37     Dec 2, 2009
  8. GG1972

GG1972

"Next time I watch small indian children with flies on their noses begging for my money on TV, I'll keep in mind how wealthy the average indian is."

thats exactly what I'd expect from someone watching CNN or otehr gibberish and not making their own mind.

In india the difference between the rich and poor is a lot but it also has the biggest middle class of any nation. That's the biggest difference between India and China.

And that middle class buying power is what is chugging the economic engine. It's not the super rich billionaires or the really poor that are affecting the economy. So when you read figures like $1000 per capita GDP those figures get distorted when the median difference is huge between rich and poor. 10 years ago the average salary of a 2 working parent family in any indian metro was approx $500/ month and now its at par if not better than US counterparts ( take into account the cost of living too--metro in delhi costs $0.50 and here in bay area its more like $6 on way )

http://www.www.siliconindia.com/shownews/DU_undergrads_offered_Rs32_Lakh_package_-nid-63229.html/1/2

Look at the increments students are getting and thats just a grad from a good college --its not an "A" levelcollege like IIT.

The growth that BRIC is experiencing is what will eventually level the playing field. I never thought is possible that any country could catch USA --it seemed like a paradise 10 years ago but the more people I see like the current incompetent congress with constant taxation makes me wonder where we will be in 10 more years.

#38     Dec 2, 2009
  9. mahadiga

mahadiga

#39     Dec 2, 2009
  10. Yep its a fact all my Indian relatives have lock boxes ram jammed with gold and jewels and wear more bling than 50 cent and its all good stuff as well.

#40     Dec 3, 2009