indexes

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by weld1, Mar 23, 2003.

1. weld1

weld1

can anyone tell me where to find a list of the different indexes like biotech,semiconductors,etc... would like to watch those while i trade that is in related sector. any advice related would be appreciated also. i like tech. analysis but am just learning and trying to keep it simple at this point. how about where to set bollinger bands,macd,and what time frame to use as far as moving averages,1 min. and 5 min. or what? i ilke to use those and bollinger and macdas some kind of buy and sell signal. although for day trading i am using the default settings on speedtrader. again i am looking for a starting point that i can work from. thanks so much for your reply dave

2. trdrmac

trdrmac

dave,

I track a lot of the stuff from www.ishares.com, they have all the majors plus some bonds and foreign etfs. www.holders.com give you some more concentrated etfs.

Barrons also has some interesting stuff in the closed end fund section each week.

regards

mac

3. weld1

weld1

thanks for the reply have a good day dave

4. jsemmel

jsemmel

I put out a whole section devoted to indexes sectors and holdrs every night.

www.tradingscans.com

Jeff

5. the amex has a section of their website called etf which lists about every tradable sector.