Index Win

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Indexwin, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Indexwin

Indexwin

I hope you the readers are paying attention to what technical analysis has to say.
    It isn't perfect and far away from it. But there are some spots , it can give you some edge.

Combined with money management , it can be a reasonable system to use.

In the last post : " Bearish divergences are spotted at 60 min charts on almost all leading indices.This doesn't mean the market will drop tomorrow.........Usually it takes for the market to digest this divergences.........The long the digestion occurs , the reversal will be sharper.......Not to forget , on the 11Th , fed rate cut of 0.5% can cause this analysis to be irrelevant........ "

Looks like the analysis was perfectly right. The digestion took several days. The rate cut wasn't 0.5% and the market sold off sharply.

The weakness was there and it only waited for the trigger of rate cut which was "only" 0.25%.

• 1.png
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
    #21     Dec 13, 2007
  2. The reality is this...

Most traders will get stopped out for a loss prior to market digesting most divergence.

Simply, the analysis is right but actual trading is at a loss.

Reason why its said that divergence via indicators are lagging.

However, the few know this fact and will simply have a re-entry signal or fine tune (improve) their initial entry signal so that they aren't stopped out for losses while the market takes it's time to do whatever it is going to do.

With that said, you have been posting a few trades although its not clear why you find it difficult to post trades.

You did not discuss if you were short nor when such a position occurred...

Why not or was this just a market analysis and not a trade position analysis???

Also, are you a day trader, swing trader or what because the few trades you have posted is very difficult to determine your general trading style???

Just curious.

Mark

#22     Dec 13, 2007
  3. Indexwin

Indexwin

Thank you for your feedback.

I am mostly swingtrader but also make intra-day trades.

The reason I don't post here often my trades is that I have a blog which I post there the swing trades plus my public list in stockcharts.
    I have also collective2 system which I trade there with greater risk and trades recorded real time with real prices.

I don't post here the links cause I think I will be accused in spam.
    One who wants the links can PM me.

#23     Dec 14, 2007