Index trading at 350pm

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sammybea, Apr 29, 2020.

1. maxinger

maxinger

es.jpg
    There is simply far too much garbage and nonsense in ET.
    I was asking for OP to post the chart to show the spike but he failed to provide evidence
    ( see my posting # 3).

look at my chart on 29 Apr 350pm eastern time ( see the ovaled pink area).
    there is absolutely no spike !!!!

Do not be fooled by OP.
    do not be fooled by MOC ( MARKET ON CLOSE) nonsense which many members talked about !!!!
    There is absolutely no spike !!

Anyway always do your own analysis because there are simply too much garbage and nonsense in internet / forum pages ....

It is perfectly fine for newbies to request for help.
    BUT !
    Something must be done to prevent newbies from talking nonsense.
    this is something ET administrator needs to look into.

---------------

#31     Apr 30, 2020
  2. DevBru

DevBru

He is talking about this "spike":

[​IMG]

This is a 5 second bar and the "spike" happens at exactly 3:50 pm ET, the time when MOC imbalances are published. To call it a spike is a little over rated, but MOC imbalances can have an impact on the market, mainly on individual stocks.

The MOC imbalance reaction on the ES on april 28th was even smaller with just 5 points, however i wouldn't call 5 points in 5 seconds garbage.

#32     Apr 30, 2020
  3. Since when did this pattern start? Have not noticed it until recently.

#33     Apr 30, 2020
  4. maxinger

maxinger

spike or no spike, it is relative to previous few minutes /hours.

You have to zoom out your chart.

#34     Apr 30, 2020
  5. DevBru

DevBru

It all depends on how much of an imbalance there is and on which stocks since some stocks have more impact on indexes than others.

I don't think there are many traders trading the actual imbalance numbers on indexes. However it is something that is being done on stocks.

#35     Apr 30, 2020
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  6. DevBru

DevBru

Sure the impact over the entire day can be minimal, certainly in these high volatility times.

If you look at individual stocks and stocks that have high imbalances you will see more of a reaction than in an index.

#36     Apr 30, 2020
  7. Makreel73

Makreel73

Hi everybody, I was wondering how to trade this 350PM move. It is very difficult to determine the distance to place orders as many times, the market cleans the book for x levels before choosing its direction. I was curieus how you trade it (NQ or ES, even RTY)

#37     May 7, 2020
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Review your historical intraday charts of those trading instruments on the imbalance trading days.

Check to see if any of your trade strategies gave you a trade signal during those times...document their trade performance and then make up a trading plan just for that specific type of price action.

Yet, if you have no trade strategy...make your own based upon the price action in those historical intraday charts...and then simulate trade the next few imbalance price actions.

Later, in a new imbalance price action, trade small size only with real money.

Not for the faint of heart.

wrbtrader

#38     May 7, 2020