Index Spread Traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Real Money, Aug 17, 2019.

1. I am not just thinking. I have done it and are simply telling what I have found from hard data.

Also, you are confused about the difference between how hft works in globex vs. stock exchanges

#21     Aug 18, 2019
    Axon, bluelou and Real Money like this.
  2. REDP1800

REDP1800

lmao. you are the one who is clueless about hft at the cme. is hft passive or aggressive on the cme?

#22     Aug 18, 2019
  3. REDP1800

REDP1800

telling me i dont understand mkt structure or spreads is ridiculous...u must know everything. im only trying to save newbies money and yourself. ive done it b4..lmao. its not a drug. its very simple to buy mkt in 2 different mkts. but consistent profits after all the slippage n fees..nah

#23     Aug 18, 2019
  4. REDP1800

REDP1800

your hard data. i never said you havent done it..i said you think u can beat it but you cannot long term.

#24     Aug 18, 2019
  5. REDP1800

REDP1800

or buy 1 sell the other..yeah.lets just blindly throw up a ratio chart and expect everyone to be experts at it...lol. i say go for it man. the more liquidity u add or take away will be more edge for me in my outrights. party on darthsideous

#25     Aug 18, 2019
  6. REDP1800

REDP1800

lets see if u know anything? ru down? do farmers hedge outright or do they spread

#26     Aug 18, 2019
  7. traderjo

traderjo

If the shouting match is over can somebody please explain with real example how HFT will kill it
    Kip the example simple please

#27     Aug 18, 2019
  8. Lol @REDP1800 he lost his shit. I touched a nerve somewhere but not sure where lol

#28     Aug 18, 2019
    Real Money likes this.
  9. REDP1800

REDP1800

lost my shit..lol. no nerves to touch I am an algo bot so you cannot touch me from a feelings stand point.
    Here is your answer about hft. as soon as you get filled on one side of your spread along with everyone else looking at the EXACT same spread chart!! just like outright charts the HFT will have already filled the other side of your order and they will force you to pay up ticks to get out of your hedge or into your hedge. you think they don't know what you are trying to do? that is there territory not yours. just stick to what works before experimenting with large trades that go both ways just like outright trading except now you have 2 mkts to deal with and multiple orders and you never really know which index will be pulling which one around on any given minute or day or hour. HFT fills your orders. they know u are filled before your computer tells you that you are filled. it is an algo a computer that is programmed to immediately send orders to make you lose in all mkts like a forcefield once your order is filled. why do you think more people don't spread? because it is very difficult and very dangerous to actually pull off and takes direct market access and membership to get prices low enough to make it even close to feasable.

#29     Aug 18, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

I don't mean anything by this Darth, but everytime I see your nick in a thread it brings back memories of Darth Nilious. Teehee. (Yes, I used to listen to Stern a lot.) I.E., your nick makes me laff.

#30     Aug 18, 2019
    DarthSidious likes this.