Index futures up huge overnight

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by myminitrading, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Markets are manipulated the sooner you come to terms with that the better trader you will be.

The markets are designed to keep you off balance at all times and separate you from your money. Only time and experience are you allies, your just a speck of and on a beach.

#11     Mar 8, 2007
  2. <i>"Markets are manipulated the sooner you come to terms with that the better trader you will be."</i>

Of course they are... when has that ever changed? Who here thinks the markets exist for easy facilitation or wresting profits from?

Markets exist to provide liquidity... the majority of traders serve such liquidity. The purpose of financial markets is to take money from investors and traders, not give it to them.

Also, the ym futures are incidental to es futures. There is no singular manipulation of Dow futures here, just tagging along with its much bigger brother for the premarket ride.

#12     Mar 8, 2007
  3. my emini the is market designed to keep one off balance? everyone and there brother bought every dip the last 5 days and won every single time. we've had 2- 30 pt plys es rallies and 3 or 4 10-15 pt rallies. outside last tuesday we've not gone straight down and had more rallies than falls. its ironic as heck but the longs have done better than the shorts the last week

#13     Mar 8, 2007
  4. Had you known this was a repeatable market event...

Would you have slept in or got up early to exploit it???

Mark

#14     Mar 8, 2007
  5. What a pure mommas boy you are..who gives a feck if the market is rigged, join the fray, trade it up, trade it down, you gimp!

#15     Mar 8, 2007
  6. 2006

If you live in North America you can't sleep in these high vol periods -- far too much action overnight. With that being said I slept early yesterday and missed everything !!!!!!!

Gotta move to London ASAP.

#16     Mar 8, 2007
  7. mini, I think Elder is right , the scum keeps looking for new prey to come in there fish tank to steal there money . hang in there.

#17     Mar 8, 2007
  8. Ah, maaannn.......where's the evil laugh?.........

:cool:

#18     Mar 8, 2007
  9. Mwaahhaa ha ha ha!

#19     Mar 8, 2007
  10. What's the point in complaining about "rigged markets" over and over again?

Personally I don't see anything unusual in markets last days and they're absolutely not harder to trade than usually.

So maybe rather than sitting and grumbling it would be better to look at charts more often and as Mark said try to notice repeatable patterns in market's behaviour and exploit them?

#20     Mar 8, 2007