Index futures timing

Discussion in 'Journals' started by MoveTimer, May 23, 2007.

1. I will try to disprove it in this journal.

#11     May 25, 2007
  2. No, I use econometric mathematical model. No astrology, psychology and other fuzzy stuff.

#12     May 25, 2007
  3. From practical point of view, major result is a forecasted point in future, which will set an important price level. Later market could move away from this level in any direction. If there will be enough liquidity, market will move immediately, in case of low level of liquidity, market will consolidate near this level of price and will move when liquidity will step in. So it is no need to be extra precious, however some of forecasted points are calculated with accuracy up to the one minute. My estimation for error of prediction is <3 minutes for fast moving market, and about 5 minutes for moderate fast market and a lot of time (even up to hours!) for slow market. Why? Because I cannot forecast market speed and level of liquidity, and my opinion that almost nobody can do it successfully. The same is true about the length of the price swings. If there are only few participants, market will consolidate near price level related to forecasted point and this process could take hours. The breakout from this consolidation will be still tradable.

Few words about foundation of my method. I surely will not disclosure any details, but will describe the model at the glance. My method of prediction exploits hidden order of price movements and can be described as cyclical analysis, however it is based on rational mathematical equations and does not use any traditional analysis like technical or fundamental. Forecasted points in future are points, where the process of formation of price levels (unstable spiral points) takes place http://mathworld.wolfram.com/FixedPoint.html

Spiral points can be predicted with enough accuracy, however market reaction on these points cannot be predicted well, so trader must understand direction of the market, in order to get profit from use of timing method.

#13     May 25, 2007
  4. what moves have you found for the YM overnight and from 6:00AM on?...very interested...thanks!

#14     May 25, 2007
  5. Sorry but i don't understand. Please explain in detail.

#15     May 25, 2007
  6. 05/29. look at 09/35 09/50 11/00 11/30

#16     May 28, 2007
  7. I think he's refering to pre market /overnight turning points

#17     May 28, 2007
  8. I don't predict globex turning points but regular session only.

#18     May 28, 2007
  9. Cesko

Cesko

Oh, boy!:confused: :D

#19     May 28, 2007
  10. MoveTimer,

I am eagerly awaiting your posts. Don't get dissuaded by the naysayers. I've been using a similar model (the idea with some variation, not exactly the math you describe), with great success in the ZB and ZN (30 year and 10 year) contracts. I've had my most profitable and consistent results ever, this April and May, utilizing cycle analysis of a single best time to buy and a single best time to sell.

Good trading to you and don't stop posting!

#20     May 29, 2007