INDEPENDENTS See Obama As Winning Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Wait, this debate centered around foreign policy? I thought this was McCain's strong suite?

If McCain couldn't win over independent voters in this debate, maybe he has a lot to worry about.

Unlike Faux New's 'phone in redneck poll,' this poll is actually based on scientific sampling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/26/politics/horserace/entry4482028.shtml

[​IMG]

September 26, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Poll Results Suggest More Uncommitted Voters Saw Obama As Debate Winner

UPDATED WITH FINAL NUMBERS

News and Knowledge Networks
    conducted a nationally representative poll of approximately 500 uncommitted voters reacting to the debate in the minutes after it happened.

Thirty-nine percent of uncommitted voters who watched the debate tonight thought Barack Obama was the winner. Twenty-four percent thought John McCain won. Thirty-seven percent saw it as a draw.

Forty-six percent of uncommitted voters said their opinion of Obama got better tonight. Thirty-two percent said their opinion of McCain got better.

Sixty-six percent of uncommitted voters think Obama would make the right decisions about the economy. Forty-two percent think McCain would.

Forty-eight percent of these voters think Obama would make the right decisions about Iraq. Fifty-six percent think McCain would.

We will have a full report on the poll later on. Uncommitted voters are those who don't yet know who they will vote for, or who have chosen a candidate but may still change their minds.

The margin of sampling error could be plus or minus 4 percentage points for results based on the entire sample.

2. wjk

wjk

Frank Luntz's group of undecided gave BO the nod.

3. Even stronger numbers for Obama.

I think it's clear that Obama is smart, fresh, can stay on topic, and just proved himself 'presidential' in the eyes of the most important voters at this stage: The Independents and undecided.

4. All CNN polls had Obama winning every category and every group

5. I agree

6. http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/27/Early_polls_call_Obama_winner_of_debate/UPI-45301222489321/

Early polls call Obama winner of debate

OXFORD, Miss., Sept. 27 (UPI) -- Early polls pegged Democrat Barrack Obama as the winner over Republican John McCain in Friday's U.S. presidential debate in Oxford, Miss.

A CBS poll of uncommitted voters found 40 percent saying Obama came out on top in the debate, compared to 25 percent for McCain. Thirty-six percent called it a draw.

McCain was considered the better candidate in terms of running the war in Iraq, but Obama was selected as the best manager of the economy. The poll had a margin for error of 4 percent.

CNN ran an unscientific online poll that drew more than 80,500 votes, 67 percent of which went to Obama compared to 28 percent for McCain.

A similar NBC survey drew more than 291,000 clicks and gave Obama the win with 51 percent compared to 35 percent for McCain, while 7.8 percent said they weren't sure and 6.3 percent called it a draw.

7. The people who say say Mccain won this debate has me wondering what they were looking at

Mccain kept his head down and looked afraid to look at Obama,thats not the body language of a winner

8. Interesting.

Even though I support Obama, I thought that McCain had the upper hand by a slim margin in this debate. I thought that Obama was almost entirely on the defensive. He barely scored a point on Iraq, and at best held McCain off on the other issues.

But apparently other people don't view it as merely a debate. When the issues are on your side, you win the debate no matter whether you were on the offense or defense.

9. Read the transcript of the debate, then let me know who you think won.

Many who only read the transcript of the debate between Kennedy and Nixon thought Nixon won.

It all depends on how you grade debates, doesn't it?

I thought the point on Iraq that Obama won was that Iraq has a huge surplus budget right now of 87 billion and we are continuing to spend 10 billion a month when we have serious financial conditions here at home.

Let me ask people this:

Kennedy was not perceived as a "tough" guy by some.

Would they have preferred the tantrum throwing Kruschev?

McBush has the Kruschev like temper thingy going on.

You want the man with the nuclear codes to be a reactionary person looking for a war to win for pride, or a serious thinking man?

Teddy Roosevelt or Thomas Jefferson?

I suppose if I wanted a soldier I would choose McBush over Obama, but for president do we want a programmed for violence leader?

Given a sports analogy, guys like Tom Landry and Bill Walsh were considered cerebral and aloof while coaches like Ditka and Chuck Knoll were considered tough guys, but both got the job done.

A lot depends on the team you have in place and the opponent you are facing when it comes to the coach.

Do we want a "coach" of the USA who is as reactive as the extremists, or a reasonable man who is not a slave to their own reactive emotions...

I don't want Bush Redux...

#10     Sep 27, 2008