Independent Traders In San Francisco

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wallnbroad, Jun 18, 2008.

1. I am an full-time independent trader in San Francisco. The only down side to my job is that I work from home and frankly it gets lonely. I am looking for some office space to share, but ideally I would love to share some space with other traders in the same line of work. Does anybody live in the Bay Area and have interest?

2. I have been looking to go full-time and live in SF. I'd love to be in an office as well but am not in love with the options in the city. Are you trading retail or thru a firm?

3. I just trade independently from home. I'm not with a prop firm or anything.

There are some office buildings that specialize in "shared space" down near Protrero Hill...you can get a cubicle for about 400-500/month.

I thought It would be nice to get something a little nicer/bigger than a cubicle though.

4. Lusitano

Lusitano

What is it that you trade? I am in Central California, South of Fresno.

5. I used to live in San Luis Obispo.... I trade currencies, futures and stocks.

6. Lusitano

Lusitano

Are you trading full-time? You trade a lot of different stuff. I bet you work a lot of hours to keep track of everything.

7. yes and no. My trading fluctuates from long term to shorter term. When I am trading shorter term, have alot of positions on, and trading FX then I am up every few hours through the night as well as keeping my eye on markets all day. Other times I can take a vacation for a week and everything is fine. My schedule varies greatly.

8. erzafitch

erzafitch