incredibly bad execution

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by sue1jeff, Feb 23, 2007.

1. I trade with IB now for the last 1 year.
    Their direct Access platform is the best.
    I never had a review problem. Occasionally when I typed a large quantity say 2000 instead of 20 option,it will immediately say Iam over the limit (avove 600k).No manual review!
    I have traded options with Mr Stock & Dreyfus during 1998-2000.
    Also OPtionsXpress in the recent past.
    But paying just $0.75/contract (minimum $1) & 0.005/share is hard to beat.
    If you want to visit branch occassionaly, may be brokers with branches like Fidelity,TD waterhouse etc are ok.
    If you are a serious trader you have to consider IB.
    I trade from a god forsaken third world Asian country in the middle of the night.
    If I have un interrupted power & 128kbps speed internet I have to consider myself lucky that day!. I trade ER2 ,ES,SPY,IWM options (not index options) all the time.

#31     Mar 10, 2007
  2. sue1jeff

sue1jeff

preconference hearing coming up, schwab still preparing an offer

#32     Mar 10, 2007
  3. =====================
    Sue1Jeff/sue Schwab
    Hope it works well for you with arb hearing;
    & with those derivative delays you mentioned,
    & ''we can stick it it in our back pocket for a week if we want''

Think i will stick with IB;
    and let Schwab ''stick it [without me] in our back pocket for a week if we want''
    And 3 minutes wouldnt suit me either:cool: ;
    when its time for exit

#33     Mar 20, 2007
  4. Hopefully you've also opened an account at a broker that can give you price improvement (by sending orders to BOX). Anyone who's trading hundreds of contracts of sub-$1 index options can do much better with such a broker.

#34     Mar 22, 2007
  5. Sorry, but I have to ask this. What is unique about BOX and where can I find information dealing with the various exchanges in a review approach?

cordially,

#35     Mar 22, 2007
  6. BOX (and, also, ISE, to a lesser extent) offers Price Improvement on options, so while the buyer and seller can place orders on the normal 5 or 10-cent boundaries they can also say they'll go one or more cents higher or lower. The upshot is, if the spread is .95x1.00 and you place a buy order for 1.00, you may get filled at .98. I've traded thousands of option contracts at Schwab, mostly SPY, and have never gotten price improvement.

#36     Mar 23, 2007