Incredible Squeezes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Aug 31, 2005.

1. I found todays rally inconceivable, I had several longs this morning, oil, tech, etc. made some money today, but missed an incredible rally again. what the #%$ is going on out there?

#11     Aug 31, 2005

2. spot on!

#12     Aug 31, 2005
  3. nc :)

#13     Aug 31, 2005
  4. PMI below 50, oil socking it to the consumer, PPI and CPI about to take off --- they hope the fed is done sooner now rather then later. to bad the fed hates inflation so much -- next fed meeting rate announcement will be a big one.

#14     Aug 31, 2005
  5. mhashe

mhashe

High probability Fed will keep on increasing rates. Smaller increase maybe, but there will be an increase. Does'nt mean stocks can't go higher in the interim. Well more like couple weeks new chop zone.

#15     Aug 31, 2005
  6. there will be no secular rally until osama dies.

#16     Aug 31, 2005
  7. I think the employment report this Friday will surprise many with a much stronger than expected payroll number.

#17     Aug 31, 2005
  8. I concur. I don't think that rate hikes are over until the far end of the yield curve starts to hike - and that's even with inversion.

A significant slowdown with anaemic growth might give people enough time to take a breather and to give china a breather too.

current events, though spectacular, have only moderate slowing effects - I'm guessing about .5-1% of GDP decrease for 6 months from the whole enchilada. That's only a guess, without harder analysis to back it up though.

#18     Aug 31, 2005
  9. it's probably walmart continuing to hire min wage associates.

#19     Aug 31, 2005
  10. What a nice thread. No one accusing anyone of anything illicit or being stupid. Good infor, food for thought. Very nice. Play nice, boys, play nice.

#20     Aug 31, 2005