IncreaseNow's "Sell/Short" Futures Journal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by increasenow, Feb 22, 2010.

1. l2tradr

l2tradr

Excellent trading journal so far! Keep up the good trades.

#51     Feb 24, 2010
  2. TheMan

TheMan

CHIT CHAT in 3......2..........1...........

#52     Feb 25, 2010
  3. Seriously man, focusing just on shorts is plain wrong (actually its just stupid...). You're restricting yourself alot. What are you going to do when there is a super momentum period? Not take trades? Or still short and lose $$$.

If you want to focus then cut down on the contracts. You initially stated 14 different contracts. Are you kidding me? No way you can follow all, understand the dynamics, have the insight and access to the right news for all.

I understand you want to fade the market. Its not as easy as you may think. Its much easier to take the first pullback of a trend and scalp that but if you feel you have an edge countertrending then fine...

Man, I really want you to succeed but this is the wrong way. Start with trading 1 lot and only 1 contract (eg. ES). Personally, I trade 1 contract and only look at YM. Also take both longs and sells.

Good Luck

#53     Feb 25, 2010
  4. Don't like the journal? Don't click the thread. It's that simple.

#54     Feb 25, 2010
  5. 21 with yours :D

#55     Feb 25, 2010
  6. actually...the trading journal can be for anything related to trading. Including the 'trading journey'...honestly, I do not care about various p&l's of different traders...what interests me is what and why they trade and how...their MO, plan of action etc...not 'in at 1100', 'stop 1095'....give me some meat...I've learned the most from people on ET sharing their journey and what they do and why...please keep sharing your thoughts...thanks...

PS-the moderators assured me that when I go live and real (like I am) that my thread would not be moved to 'chit chat'...

PSS--I do not bash people, talk rude, put people down, curse or anything or 'pump certain paid for trading sites'...come on...just sharing real trading thoughts

#56     Feb 25, 2010
  7. thanks NoDoji...appreciate your insight!!!

#57     Feb 25, 2010
  8. currently focusing on:

ES
    CL
    GC
    ZB
    SB

...added Sugar #11 (SB) as like that trades before corn, wheat, soybeans open...

#58     Feb 25, 2010

9. Be sure and also keep up-to-date on your choice of food and beverages too while you are "focusing" on all those markets. You used to give us so much good info on your earlier threads!!Starbucks or water? Is it too early for pretzels?? This thread has a bit longer before moving to Chit Chat so let's get the most of it while we can.

Lot's of action in ES and CL this morning. Did you think of going short at all? How would you play it now? What are your parameters for entering a trade? You said you were going to only short-- didn't today seem like a good opportunity for that strategy? I want to try and understand what you are looking for before entering a market. <- 100% seriously serious

#59     Feb 25, 2010
  10. why do you not just put me on 'ignore'?...again, the moderators have assured me that because I am real/live trading it will not go to 'chit chat'...have not traded today but yes, noticed ES and CL getting HIT!...thanks

#60     Feb 25, 2010