Incorrect broker statement - is broker liable?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by SideShowBob, May 25, 2017.

1. LOL

#21     May 26, 2017
  2. End result of the whole fiasco was they didn't iron out the issue for a week, at which point I was up $2500 in a phantom open position I couldn't see. So I came out ahead in the end. Still left with a bad taste on my mouth that this could go on for a week.

#22     Jun 26, 2017
  3. Four years ago @garachen gave me his telephone number and spent fifteen minutes talking to me about how I could reduce my exchange fees. He then introduced me to a contact at a clearing firm.

Last year, he met one of my trading friends in Chicago and hooked him up with an interview at a well known trading company.

For those with discernment it is obvious that his posts are mostly factual with very little opinion, and when opinions are shared they are well grounded in experience.

@garachen is successful in business and trading - it is rare for someone at his level to have the altruism and patience to contribute here. Slandering his motives is disrespectful and also harms those thoughtful, respectful, humble people who want to work hard and learn.

Whether you can learn from this experience makes no difference to me or @garachen - but your life will be harder if you can't move beyond the impulse to behave arrogantly and disrespectfully.

#23     Aug 11, 2017
    truetype likes this.