Incorrect broker statement - is broker liable?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by SideShowBob, May 25, 2017.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

One time I got a refund from a broker because my trade was actually filled ( electronically) in the wrong expiry. I guess I would have suffered losses anyway...LOL. It was on ICE WTI before it became liquid.

An other time, I was trading quietly when the telephone rings. "So what's up? You leased a seat? I have got an Euribor pit trade showing on your account". I was solely trading CME ags, never traded interest rates and if I am right there wasn't even an euribor pit at the time. Anyway they allocated it to the right guy and the case was closed.

Have been pretty lucky with those broker errors so far...

#11     May 26, 2017
  2. Hey @SideShowBob, take a look at @garachen's Profile page, his opinion may be biased on this topic. Consider paying him no mind.

#12     May 26, 2017
  3. Is @garachen an ET vendor? He seems to be selling something.

#13     May 26, 2017
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes, he is selling his knowledge for free.

#14     May 26, 2017
    luisHK likes this.
  5. It's not just that. On @garachen Profile page it says, "Looking to hire ambitious people ...."

#15     May 26, 2017
  6. wintergasp

wintergasp

I think the keyword is "hire". It'd be hard to sell something to the guy you pay a salary to, wouldn't it ?

#16     May 26, 2017
  7. garachen

garachen

For a second I thought I'd sold one of them my car. Then I remembered I gave it to him for free.

Had a bunch of Cuban cigars. Gave those away too.

I've only hired one person from ET several years ago. He's really good but it was probably a one time find. My profile is stale. I'll update it.

#17     May 26, 2017
  8. I don't know, it seems like he's selling some type of "job" to me.

#18     May 26, 2017
  9. Mtrader

Mtrader

I would think this is bad to do. Ambitious people in general want to be their own boss. So as soon as they can stand alone they will not stay anymore. Why share things you can keep for your own?

#19     May 26, 2017
  10. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Futures trading is high risk for everyone involved and each party is accountable for any realised economic loss or loss of potential income they cause even though some parties do their very best to avoid accountability like it's business as normal.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
    #20     May 26, 2017