Income Tax Rates Under "Bill"... Remember?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gnome, Feb 20, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Sometimes you just wonder why things like this never show up on the mainstream media.

Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

If you want to know just how effective the mainstream media is, it is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If any democrat is elected, ALL of them say they will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

2. This cannot be true!

I have been fed non-stop by the "news" that Bush's tax cuts were for the wealthy!!

But now I have "Hope" and "Change", and "Get Real" going for me. We're gonna stick it to the man, yeah!

No worries. Cradle to grave...cradle to grave.

3. Wait a minute, democrats believe in raising taxes on the "rich," not the average American. I remember when Clinton ran in '92, he said he wanted taxes raised on millionaires, then that number went down to 300k, then 100k, then, essentially if you paid taxes you got an increase in your tax bill... under the guise of "raising taxes on the rich."

4. gnome

gnome

Yeah... "under the guise of"... many things.

5. gnome, I don't know about you, but I have faith in the hope of tomorrow that together, we can bring about a change. That's my hope.

6. gnome

gnome

Probably not without a Second Revolutionary War.

7. empee

empee

Raise your taxes? Yes, We Can!

8. clacy

clacy

Take your money at the barrel of a gun, and give it to people who are too lazy or stupid to make as much money as you.....

YES WE CAN!

9. clacy

clacy

Take your money and pay for health care for others and call it "Free Health Care for Everyone".........

YES WE CAN!

10. clacy

clacy

Punish the pharmaceutical industry, the oil companies, big business in general, the banking sector; thereby causing these companies to pass that extra cost onto the consumer leading to even more inflation, all the while protecting trial lawyers and unions.............

YES WE CAN!

#10     Feb 20, 2008