Income Tax is Unconstitutional

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by aeliodon, Dec 13, 2006.

1. You assume they would be allowed to vote on every little detail of your life. Like politicians do now.

If the system was designed to only allow voting on issues that truly affected everyone then it would work great.

I think the current batch of politicians would qualify as loons and rabble.

#11     Dec 13, 2006
  2. when the United States first instituted a tax, it was a 5% flat tax. it funded schools, roads, and a military. yet now, 30%+ and double taxations aren't enough and we're $7 trillion in debt.

#12     Dec 13, 2006
  3. I guess roads must have been a lot cheaper then, with slave labor, chinese work gangs and no paved roads.
    Bitumen has oil in it, right? Hmmmm.
    Joking, just its in chit chat now, so.....

#13     Dec 13, 2006
  4. #14     Dec 14, 2006
  5. #15     Dec 14, 2006
  6. A flat tax would be a wonderful thing. No loop holes and everyone including corporations pay their fair share. I had a long discussion with Steve Forbes recently and his ideas along those lines are gaining solid bipartisan consideration. We can only hope it comes to fruition in our lifetime.

Your 30% figure is way off base though because those individuals that make over $400K pay far less than that. Proportionately the middle class pays the greatest percentage of their intake to taxes which isn't fair.

#16     Dec 14, 2006
  7. Schiff went to jail for ultimately not paying taxes which is what all of the tax protestors imply you don't have to do because of their own reasons. We are talking semantics.

I have read and seen Joe Bannister's points before, I know he worked for the IRS, etc. Heck I would love to believe that I could get away with it too. I bet Wesley Snipes did to. The IRS is more powerful and dangerous than the FBI.

#17     Dec 14, 2006
  8. No semantics needed dandxg, he went to jail for lying which is specifically outlined in the tax code.

I sat in on F. Lee Bailey's tax hearing in Ocala in the 90's and watched with my own two eyes as he dismantled the IRS case against him. He basically brow beat them into producing proof of his liability and they couldn't. Bailey was later acquitted in the tax case but disbarred for failing to turn over stock confiscated in a marijuana case he was defending. The fatty got him in the end. :D

Hey, I pay my taxes not because I have to but because it's easier then fighting it. I call it an aggravation tax not an income tax. Those who have lived in large metropolitan areas who have paid protection money know what I mean.

#18     Dec 14, 2006
  9. I agree, it's easier to pay than to waste my days in court like Schiff and others did. The IRS has access to better resources and money than I do.

#19     Dec 14, 2006
  10. Of course it is. It is a form of conscription which is a violation of the 13th amendment . Forced labor. Sure you can not work...but is that really a viable alternative?

Amendment XIII
    Section 1

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Seems to me the income tax is "involuntary servitude".....

#20     Dec 14, 2006