inca-book

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wcom_daytrader, Jul 9, 2002.

1. specul8tor

specul8tor Guest

Protrader has it, but the quotes are wrong 75% of the time!

It may not sound like much, but try taping the bid when INCA shows and the quote really in not there. Then ask for your commissions back because the winning trade became a looser because your order was stuck in the system.

They will tell you there is nothing wrong with the system, but I guess the warning that they send saying book server is F^&%ed and must be rebooted over the next few minutes is normal during the course of the trading day.

#11     Jul 9, 2002
  2. What are you using for your quotes? Satellite, DSL, T1? Sounds like it was a datafeed problem to me.

Did you trade from a PT office or from home? I hit thousands of bids and offers with their platform from an office when I traded there, never had a problem with the shares not being there. We used hyperfeed then later the direct one to the nasdaq with hyperfeed as the back up. If that went down they had comstock backing it up.

Can't remember the name of the direct feed but it it would sometimes have some weird data where as hyper and comstock clean it up a bit somehow first.

We did have CNBC on Sat there though and let me tell ya...it sucks when you are on hold listening to CNBC and you hear that the cnbc on the "hold" is a second faster than the TV you are watching all day from the office because the office you called has cable and you have Satellite on a cloudy day. No wonder when Joe mentions those biotechs they always ramped just a second before I could pull them up.

Seconds count...and count huge no question about that.

#12     Jul 9, 2002