Inandlong gone?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Romeo, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. pursuant to the above captioned post, attached please find my post that caused the rift between inandlong and myself:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15153&perpage=6&pagenumber=27

i do not find this post offensive in any way, but since i respect inandlong and considered him a friend, i apologized publicly on the attached thread and in private messages several times.

while i appreciate inandlongs consideration of my fund for his capital, MSCS has a minimum investment of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00 USD see www.marketsurfer.com "invest with us") and has been closed to new outside investment for the past 6 months. furthermore, there were no talks between inandlong and myself concerning any capital before this situation arose. this was the first time i heard ANYTHING about his potential contribution.

the comments concerning my neighborhood, vehicles, and wife are inappropriate and without merit. upscale and nice are subjective terms as inandlong knows--- why he made these personal comment is unknown and troubling to me.

despite the above, i still consider inandlong a trading friend, like the way he thinks/ trades ( for the most part) and will miss his moderator contribution to ET.

#21     Nov 29, 2003
  2. Very self-serving comments, to say the least.

#22     Nov 30, 2003
  3. Is that right! Please find below the PM I have in my mailbox. As you know the format is chronological such that the most recent PM is nearer to the top. Note the date at the bottom which the last reply. Note also the specific discussion about capital, your suggestion of using your fund, the loss, the seed money, it's all there.

This I find.... "troubling."

#23     Nov 30, 2003
  4. inandlong, would you consider keeping a journal here of your trades for this portfolio?

i'd much rather see you in action than ... :)

#24     Nov 30, 2003
  5. ok, i forgot about that brief series of notes, wherein, i suggested short term corporate bonds or a potential start up hedge fund with possibly some unique features to inandlong. so, yes, he did mention investing in the past, therefore i retract my statement that it was the first time that i heard anything about his capital.

however, the real question here is why inandlong took my post on TA so personally. trader's perceptions of the market evolve and this is not a bad thing.

surfer :)

#25     Nov 30, 2003
  6. Your post quoted my post.

Your post quoted my post.

Your post quoted my post.

If you are still having difficulty seeing how I could take your comments personally, most good bookstores probably have self-help sections where you might find some resources on interpersonal communication.

Longshot, please check your mailbox in a few minutes. I am sending you an answer regarding your request.

#26     Nov 30, 2003
  7. Marketsurfer, do you have some sort of problem? It says here that you have 3,230 posts, and a few threads where other members give you accolades. What is the point of doing what your doing here to another respected member of the ET community? Even without hearing Inandlong's response, I noted your comments to be self-serving. And from reading Inandlong's response, I must have been a fortune teller!

You sully the good reputation you have here by doing what you're doing on Inandlong's good-bye thread. After reading both of your arguments, I lean towards Inandlong 100%. You are sticking your foot deeper into the mud with each post. Why can't you just let the man move on? It's unbelievably petty for you to do what you are doing. And to be caught in double-speak doesn't help you cause either! Do yourself a favor, and return to contributing to the community, and stop trying to prove you have one up on Inandlong. You've failed. He looks better and better with each of your responses.

So please move on.

A friend.

#27     Nov 30, 2003
  8. Check the "self-serving" department at your local bookstore!:p

#28     Nov 30, 2003
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

I am sorry to see Inandlong leave ET as a moderator since he did a very good job, we had many private PM's, and I consider him my friend. As to his differences with Marketsurfer I cannot comment, as I don't know all the ins 'n outs of that discussion. But I don't understand why Romeo starts this thread on Nov 25, then registers under the nom de plume of Silvain Garnea on Nov 26 to repeatedly attack Marketsurfer and defend his friend Inandlong. Surely you could have done that under the Romeo name without creating yet another alias??? :confused:

#29     Nov 30, 2003
  10. Actually, he made spelling/grammer mistakes even under his name "Silvain Garnea." You're giving him too much credit. He's just a putz.

#30     Nov 30, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.