Inandlong gone?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Romeo, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #11     Nov 27, 2003
  2. Rocco

Rocco

You call this truth? To dump on someone who has recieved nothing but accolades from others? This is what's wrong with America, and this board. I did not know this gentleman, but it looks like he left on his own accord, and with well wishes. For you to dump on him with this flimsy accessment is a crock. It shows whats wrong with Americans in general, and this board in particular, to much hatred and backstabbing.

You should be ashamed.

#12     Nov 27, 2003
  3. Well jack rabid.... you are half right.

Surf' made me angry with his tactless reply. I had supported him previously regardless of how I felt about what he was saying. Sometimes that support came in the fashion of ignoring his comments, ie., remaining silent. Sometimes being "direct" as he called it, 'burns bridges', as I called it. The funny part was when his wife Ginger came to his defense. But that whole event was coincidental to my giving up being a moderator.

I have taken on the management of a portfolio with a value of almost 9MM dollars. Seventy percent is in tax free munis so it is a lot of admin work, but the other 30% is cash and stocks, and I have the privilege of trading it. Also, in three years, another 4MM will be added, and 4MM more every two years after that until 2014. It's a nice deal for me, yet the time it takes to do the work and trade my own account does not allow me the time to do the job of moderator the way I think it needs to be done. Btw, the portfolio is that of a family friend, so I am not soliciting accounts or running a fund. Just doing the work and making the trades.

Interestingly, I was going to put 30% of the non-bond portion of the portfolio with surf's fund. I know he needs the seed money, and there is a guaranteed cap to the loss, and as he has stated on more than one occasion on the boards, he trades similarly to me. And I trust me more than anyone else.

Alas, that bridge was burned. That's okay though. I'm sure he will be successful anyway. I think surf lives in an upscale neighborhood, I live in an average one. I'm sure he drives nice cars, I drive average ones. I save a lot of money and have a very fat bank account and personal trading account. I can't speak to that matter for surf'.

So you see jack rabid, you are half right. Yeah, I was very angry with surf', but greater responsibility forced me to give up the privilege of being a moderator. Don't let your worship of marketsurfer as dictated by your early posts blind your vision or cloud your judgement... and you will improve your deductive reasoning skills substantially.

Happy Thanksgiving!

#13     Nov 27, 2003
  4. Rocco

Rocco

You didn't have to answer this angry fool, but I give you credit for being a gentleman and setting the record straight. It's to bad your leaving, you seem like one of the few happy and sane people here. There's way to much petty hatred around here. I'm glad you got a good offer and took it. Best to you.

#14     Nov 27, 2003
  5. Hey now, we can't have two kings. You might be able to apply for prince?

#15     Nov 27, 2003
  6. InAndLong

The saying is "Praise in public, critizise in private".

On this board it seems to be the other way round.

I for one enjoyed your presence on this board and I wish you the best in your future endavours. I am sure you will do well in spite of all those naysayers.

And regarding MA's and that chartist does not work? I will finish with some quotes of Thomas A Edison:

- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work

- Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

And those two sayings sum up: What? - ? how many ? - % of the people on this board.

All the best and thank you for your contribution. This board will not be the same without you.

#16     Nov 27, 2003
  7. MarkB

MarkB

Well I certainly hope that inandlong is not leaving these boards entirely. I've benefited from his commentary on many occasions, and I'd also like to thank him again for the warm welcome he extended to me when I joined these forums.

Best to you, Mr. In... and I hope that we can enjoy the added benefit of your Input for quite a while to come!

MarkB

#17     Nov 28, 2003
  8. Yah, and from your previous posts elsewhere its obvious that you are one of the hateful and unhappy people here! Stop being a hypocrite.

#18     Nov 29, 2003
  9. gms

gms

Hey inandlong, best of luck and good for you. I'll miss you.

#19     Nov 29, 2003
  10. "Rocco" is 100% American and having a great time. His posts are carefully interspersed with intentional spelling mistakes like "accessment" and idiotic idioms, but phrases like "dump on him" or "is a crock" leave no doubt as to his nationality. But more importantly, good luck inandlong!

#20     Nov 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.