Inaccurate transaction history in Schwab

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by BMK, May 18, 2024.

1. BMK

BMK

This is NOT about the transition from TDA to Schwab.

We have multiple accounts at Schwab and they have been at Schwab for many years.

We have not transferred securities in or out of any of the accounts.

Yesterday (Friday, May 17) I sold to close one LPG 39 call with an expiration of 05/17/24.

But when I pull transaction history going back to 2020, there is no record of purchasing that option.

The history shows four opening trades on 04/22/24, and I believe that data displayed for those trades is inaccurate. I believe that I bought the 39 call on 04/22/24, and that Schwab is somehow displaying the wrong strike prices for those trades.

I have not yet taken the time to try to find historical pricing for the options in question, or for the stock, to see if the prices at which those opening trades were filled are realistic or even possible for the strikes identified in the history.

Something is obviously wrong here. You can't sell to close something that you never bought to open, and we did not transfer anything into or out of this account.

What scares the hell out of me is that the data displayed for those opening trades on 04/22 matches my trade confirmations. And it even matches the monthly account statement that was printed at the end of April.

WTF.

Did LPG have some sort of corporate action that resulted in an adjustment to the option strikes? There are labels and indicators for nonstandard or adjusted options, and I never saw any of that.

This scares the bloody hell out of me because it suggests that all sources of transaction history that are available to me, at least with respect to these LPG options, have some become corrupted or are inaccurate.

Put another way, there doesn't seem to be anywhere in my account online, or even in the paper statements and trade confirmations that would have been sent by US mail, where I can see an accurate record of what I bought on 04/22.

If I bought a 39 call on 04/22, then why doesn't it appear anywhere in the transaction history, statements or trade confirmations?

If I did not buy a 39 call at any time in the last four years, then how the hell did I sell it in a closing transaction yesterday?

And if I can't trust the historical record, how can I trust anything, including current positions, that Schwab is displaying?

Anyone else ever seen anything like this?

I have attached a screenshot.

Schwab_History.png

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. BMK

BMK

Okay, never mind

:rolleyes:

3. %%
    OK;
    great broker , good fills, but real time P+ L can get a bit goofy.
    End of day + mail @ months end confirmation = fine.:D:D
    Buys + sells if placed close together can get reversed goofed ;
    but only in time, not reversed in $$.
    [SO some times have to read from 2nd line @ top , instead of top line down;
    but that explains the sometimes message ''order updated , cant exit '', because already exited LOL]:caution::caution:

4. BMK

BMK

In the evening, Schwab often posts wildly inaccurate market values for my short VIX calls, particularly the weekly options. The values are arbitrary and meaningless.

Like this:

240520_1733_Schwab_Positions.png

Wreaks havoc with my account value overnight. In rare cases, it can trigger a margin call that isn't real. But it always gets fixed in the morning, before the open. And they have never acted on the margin call, i.e., they've never liquidated anything, and I've never gotten a threatening e-mail.

murray t turtle likes this.