In Windows when you search for files, Automatic internet connection is established ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nem0, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Nem0

Nem0

OMG check this out

Microsoft says that this can be turned off by
    "Ability to disable: The feature can be disabled by changing to Classic Search."

Which doesn't work

And right after that they say you have to mess with registry to turn it off.

To Change to Classic Search for the Internet Through the Registry Key

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457178.aspx#EBA

#11     Apr 16, 2010
  2. Nem0

Nem0

Why would microsoft make it this complicated to turn this transmitting off.

I just plain don't trust anyone anymore.

Microsoft, Government, Google, EliteTrader.

I don't trust anyone to have my best interests at heart except me.

#12     Apr 16, 2010
  3. Nem0

Nem0

This program also updates XML files without permission
    and it's a hassle to turn it off

you have to install Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)

and use it to turn off XML updates

boy if this isn't Microsoft / NSA famous deal backdoor, I don't know what is.

Why make it so difficult to turn this off.

#13     Apr 16, 2010
  4. Nem0

Nem0

If anyone is interested here is console download site
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...24-8cbd-4b35-9272-dd3cbfc81887&displaylang=en

and instructions to turn off XML updates as part of windows search

1 Click Computer Configuration, click Administrative Templates, click System, click Internet Communication Management, and then click Internet Communication settings.

2 In the details pane, double-click Turn off Search Companion content file updates, and then click Enabled.

Important You can also restrict Internet access for this and a number of other components by applying the Restrict Internet communication policy setting, which is located in Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Internet Communication Management. For more information about this Group Policy and the policies that it controls, see Appendix C, "Group Policy Settings Listed Under the Internet Communication Management Key."

#14     Apr 16, 2010
  5. Nem0

Nem0

GEsus

turns out you can't disable event viewer program without this GPMC console as well.

Event viewer lets users view events on local and remote computers.

In other words your computer collects all your information what you are putting on etc

and then someone not clear who can take a look at it. :p

ahahaha you own a little spy at home.

You paid for it. :p

#15     Apr 16, 2010
  6. tortoise

tortoise

who cares? if msft has nothing better to do then examine my hd, fine.

what am i missing here?

#16     Apr 16, 2010
  7. Nem0

Nem0

you are missing quite a bit actually, don't feel bad most people have average intelligence

Every time you lose privacy you indirectly lose rights.

I can explain how it works.

Lets say I know everything about you including if you underwear are clean right now. Next time I talk to you or deal with you in some way, I will HAVE POWER OVER YOU.

Because I know what you believe in or don't and what your life is like. I can scare you or compliment you into doing something I want you to do. When two people are dealing with one another. The person who has more information has the advantage.

Really tortoise, as a trader you should already know this concept. :cool:

#17     Apr 16, 2010
  8. Nem0

Nem0

this is unrelated to win Search but interesting none the less

A person on ET is trying to hack me for a long time now. I guess someone figured out I am smart and probably a good trader so they are trying hard to get in.

They actually did manage to get into one of my computers which is not trading dedicated.

The person is using two Vancouver IPs (my home town)

Attacks always coincide with me logging on to ET. (because of non static IP that I use)

My msg to attacker. .......Hi there attacker :)

[​IMG]

#18     Apr 16, 2010
  9. jkd

jkd

Those inbound UDP datagrams are coming from the two Telus DNS servers that my own connection uses. (Port 53 suggests DNS usage).

They are directed to a small set of ports on your machine, one of which (1807) has been associated with a remote access trojan called "SpySender". I don't know what ports would be used by legitimate DNS users on your machine, so 1807 could be a harmless coincidence.

BTW, another ip-to-location service that I use, http://whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/index.php/lookup-results , places those two Telus DNS servers in Sainte-Marie QC. Weird.

###

#19     Apr 16, 2010
  10. We understand. Paranoia is a tough illness for anyone to have to suffer through.

You have our sympathies!

#20     Apr 16, 2010