In their own words

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Jul 13, 2005.

1. "It was a mistake"---barack HUSSEIN obama on his real estate deal with the crook.

Maybe we should think before putting this guy in charge of the country's real estate woes.

#281     Mar 3, 2008
  2. Keating Five

#282     Mar 3, 2008
  3. “Whenever I hear folks talk about the “brown-black” divide, I remember my days as a community organizer, when I brought African-Americans and Hispanics together to fight a rising drop-out rate in our schools.”---barack HUSSEIN obama

How did barack HUSSEIN do in this fight? Did he win? What's his track record?

#283     Mar 3, 2008

4. "After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committee determined in 1991 that Alan Cranston, Dennis DeConcini, and Donald Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB in its investigation of Lincoln Savings, while John Glenn and John McCain had been only minimally involved."---wikipedia

The trial on barack HUSSEIN's buddy, however, is just getting underway. Stay tuned. (not to Keithy Olberman, lol) if rezko is thrown in jail, Keithy will probably construe this as another reason to make Bush "worst person of the week".

[​IMG]

#284     Mar 3, 2008
  5. Hillary: Obama Not Muslim 'As Far As I Know'...

#285     Mar 3, 2008
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Feeling pressure to withdraw from the race, Mike Huckabee had this to say:

"I'm not understanding why some people are in such a rush to get this settled when I don't know there is a bomb sitting under anybody's chair that's going to go off if we don't have the nominee all settled."

#286     Mar 4, 2008
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

After Hillary won the Texas and Ohio primaries she has twice suggested a Clinton/Obama ticket (with her on top), followed up by Bill Clinton claiming that such a ticket would be "almost unstoppable". Former Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota, an Obama backer, thought the whole scenario quite strange and had this to say on 'Meet the Press':

"It may be the first time in history that the person who is running number two would offer the person running number one the number two position."

And former Democratic Presidental nominee John Kerry, who has endorsed Obama, also thought the logic to be downright peculiar and had this to say on 'Face the Nation':

"The first threshold question about a vice president is, are you prepared to be president? So on the one hand, they are saying he's not prepared to be president. On the other hand, they're saying maybe he ought to be vice president."

#287     Mar 9, 2008
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

President Bush, during a video conference with military briefers in Afghanistan:

"I must say, I'm a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed. It must be exciting for you...in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger."

#288     Mar 14, 2008
  9. Yep. The world is about fantastic experiences. Even its leaders engage in fantasy as if it was normal. Perhaps that is why they are its leaders.

#289     Mar 14, 2008
  10. From the Horse's Mouth

"You got into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." -- Barack Obama

"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula? I mean, they’re charging a lot of money for this stuff." -- Barack Obama

"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a (flag) pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we’re talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won’t wear that pin on my chest..." -- Barack Obama

"And if that child should ever get the chance to travel the world and someone should ask her where is she from, we believe that she should always be able to hold her head high with pride in her voice when she answers, "I am an American."

That is the course we seek. That is the change we are calling for." -- Barack Obama

"I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. ..." -- Barack Obama

"Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man. Except the highs hadn't been about that, me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then, anyway. I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory. I had discovered that it didn't make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate's sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you'd met down at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl. ...You might just be bored, or alone. Everybody was welcome into the club of disaffection." -- Barack Obama

"...I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." -- Barack Obama

"I opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996. It should be repealed and I will vote for its repeal on the Senate floor. I will also oppose any proposal to amend the U.S. Constitution to ban gays and lesbians from marrying." -- Barack Obama

"I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations." -- Barack Obama

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time." -- Barack Obama

"I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother - a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe." -- Barack Obama

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..." -- Barack Obama

#290     Apr 16, 2008