In their own words

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Susan Sarandon: 'I Am Not Sure About Hillary Clinton As President'...

#261     Jan 31, 2008
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Insights from conservative commentator Peggy Noonan of The Wall Street Journal. While discussing many of Hillary's weaknesses she describes the difficulties the Right would have with an Obama presidential nomination:

"Mr. Obama will not be easy for Republicans to attack. He will be hard to get at, hard to address. There are many reasons, but a primary one is that the fact of his race will freeze them. No one, no candidate, no party, no heavy-breathing consultant, will want to cross any line--lines that have never been drawn, that are sure to be shifting and not always visible--in approaching the first major-party African-American nominee for president of the United States.

"...the biggest problem for the Republicans will be that no matter what they say that is not issue oriented--"He's too young, he's never run anything, he's not fully baked"--the mainstream media will tag them as dealing in racial overtones, or undertones. You can bet on this. Go to the bank on it."

#262     Feb 8, 2008
  3. LOL, that's exactly what they thought about John Kerry four years ago, that he would be impossible for Republicans to attack because of his war hero credentials. We know full well how that played out.

#263     Feb 8, 2008
  4. "You ain't gettin' no fri-i-i-i-i-i-i-id Chicken he uh!!!"

Lestor Maddox

#264     Feb 8, 2008
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Former Bush White House spokesman Ari Fleischer on the upcoming election:

"There is no doubt. We hope and pray every night to run against Hillary Clinton."

#265     Feb 13, 2008

6. Right you are. All it will take is for some civil rights leader to say that some innocuous statement is really "code" for racism, and at that point the public will see it as overplay and republicans will be insulated, free to attack.

[​IMG]

#266     Feb 14, 2008
  7. "(The pundits) said you can't win in a year like this with a name like Obama. There was quite a bit of confusion at first, but it did get me free airtime on Al Jazeera."--Barack Obama

#267     Feb 14, 2008
  8. Now that is funny, I must have missed it.

c

#268     Feb 15, 2008
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

Republican candidate Mike Huckabee on his current campaign...

"I'm finding out just how long I can go sleep deprived. You know, running for office is sort of like being waterboarded, I think."

#269     Feb 20, 2008
  10. Michelle Obama: "For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I'm Really Proud of My Country"

and here is her sainthood flying away:

[​IMG]

#270     Feb 20, 2008