In the chaos of Iraq, one project is on target: a giant US embassy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by andrasnm, Oct 18, 2006.

1. I have read about the super secret luxury worlds largest embassy the administration has been building around the clock in Iraq. It led me to immediate believe what I suspected from the get go..That we are in Iraq forever and will control all the oil of Iraq and eventually the entire middle east from there...why else would such a huge, luxury embassy be going up?

Just the fact that we are occupying Saddam's former palaces I believe is enough to make the Iraqi people dislike us.

I can't believe how many of our soldiers are dying over there each and everyday and nobody is really saying "boo" about it...I'm so sad :(

#11     Oct 19, 2006
  2. My prediction is that Bush's mid-east folly WILL eventually be viewed as the single biggest debacle in American history.

Further, that Bush 43 will be view as the worst American chief executive in history. He'll be seen worse even than Grant or Carter. Even at this point he's so universally hated that he has virtually no public future once out of office. I really hope he enjoys cutting brush in Crawford for the rest of his life, because all his future holds.

#12     Oct 19, 2006
  3. Un-fucking-believable.

I simply can not believe the stupidity of that statement. It's minds like this that allow politicians to believe that their constituents are idiots.

#13     Oct 19, 2006
  4. I can make statements that are much stupider than your miniscule brain can imagine.

#14     Oct 19, 2006
  5. GOP to Air Ad Warning of Terror Attacks
    Oct 19 6:25 PM US/Eastern

By JIM KUHNHENN
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

The Republican Party will begin airing a hard-hitting ad this weekend that warns of more cataclysmic terror attacks against the U.S. homeland.
    The ad portrays Osama bin Laden and quotes his threats against America dating to February 1998. "These are the stakes," the ad concludes. "Vote November 7."

Brian Jones, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee, said the ad would run on national cable beginning Sunday, but he declined to discuss specifics of the buy.

The commercial tracks with Republican Party strategy to make the war on terrorism a central theme of this election. It will air as recent polls show Republicans losing ground as the party best able to combat terrorism.

Last month, President Bush made the war against terrorism a recurrent topic in public appearances. But his message was drowned out by the e- mail sex scandal involving former Republican Rep. Mark Foley of Florida and by increasing fatalities in Iraq.

The ad displays an array of quotes from bin Laden and his top lieutenant, Ayman al-Zawahiri, that include bin Laden's Dec. 26, 2001 vow that "what is yet to come will be even greater."

The ad also cites al-Zawahri's claim to have obtained "some suitcase bombs," followed by a scene that appears to show a nuclear explosion.

#15     Oct 19, 2006
  6. Yes...I'm quite sure that you can make statements stupider than I can imagine. That's demonstrable.

ROTF....

What a fucking idiot.

:D...seriously ...I can't stop laughing....:D

#16     Oct 19, 2006
  7. How does that compare to other US embassies?

#17     Oct 19, 2006
  8. The new Baghdad embassy will dwarf all other U.S. diplomatic missions. Most embassies cover an area of about 10 acres, but the Baghdad installation will sprawl over 104, an area larger than Vatican City. The size of the complex and its location may only reinforce the perception on the Arab street that despite claims of building democracy, the U.S. is an occupier, not a liberator.

The complex will consist of 21 buildings, including residences for the ambassador and deputy, apartment buildings for staff, office buildings, swimming pool and gym, commissary, and food court. The complex will have its own electric power plant, water wells and wastewater treatment facility. It will be self-sufficient and heavily fortified.

Complete article here:

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_3750745

#18     Oct 19, 2006
  9. Mission accomplished.

#19     Oct 19, 2006
  10. LOL. did you just insult yourself?!?!?

seriously, you should go buy a clue with that's going on in the world.

#20     Oct 19, 2006