In short, the Fukushima Daiichi plant contains over 600,000 spent fuel rods

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AMT4SWA, Mar 16, 2011.

1. The Powerpoint is entitled Integrity Inspection of Dry Storage Casks and Spent Fuels at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station and can be read in full here. The document adds a new and frightening dimension to the unfolding disaster.

The Fukushima Daiichi plant has seven pools dedicated to spent fuel rods. These are located at the top of six reactor buildings – or were until explosions and fires ravaged the plant. On the ground level there is a common pool in a separate building that was critical damaged by the tsunami. Each reactor building pool holds 3,450 fuel rod assemblies and the common pool holds 6,291 fuel rod assemblies. Each assembly holds sixty-three fuel rods. In short, the Fukushima Daiichi plant contains over 600,000 spent fuel rods – a massive amount of radiation that will soon be released into the atmosphere.

http://www.infowars.com/alert-fukushima-coverup-40-years-of-spent-nuclear-rods-blown-sky-high/

2. Kanzei

Kanzei

i'm speechless.

this is why you read infowars if you have any sense. I don't care if you buy into their spin or conclusions, they find documents and information like this that can make you a lot more informed than the cnn drones.

the rest of the media don't think anything is true until a government official puts it in a press release. infowars assumes nothing in a government press release is true, and finds information elsewhere.

which side do YOU want to be on?

3. Things are getting bad, Bukkake movies halted till further notice. It looks like lack of power is having an impact on several Japanese industries.

4. Millionaire

Millionaire

[​IMG]

5. Tokyo (AP) -- CHUCK NORRIS SPOTTED ENTERING REACTORS 1 THROUGH 4 SIMULTANEOUSLY

6. I don't doubt something's happening because of the Yen volatility tonight.

But, why isn't the radiation being measured outside the plant at ten million times normal background levels if this is true (instead of "only" a 1000 times)?

Wouldn't surprise me if someone tried to store spent rods inside the plant itself. Come to think of it, why do we only have, say, Nevada wasteland to possibly store our spent fuel? Where on that island do the Japanese store their spent rods?

Where do the French store their rods?

7. Kanzei

Kanzei

NIMBY

Most spent rods are stored in reactors.

8. Kanzei

Kanzei

9. piezoe

piezoe

The French were disposing of reactor waste by sealing in glass casks and dropping into deep ocean trenches. Don't know if they still are.

10. piezoe

piezoe

The 600,000 number is obviously a misprint. Each fueling last about 5 to 6 years depending on burn-up. These plants are maybe 40 years old at max. You do the math.

#10     Mar 17, 2011