In search of the modern Lynch, Soros, and Buffets to park my money?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Cuddles, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

I realize we don't have a mutual/hedge fund section but realize this is probably the best place to ask the question.

In your mind, which funds/managers have a consistent record of turning a dime? Let's say I'd like to maximize my "passive gains". I'm more interested in those funds where small time players have a chance of entering w/o needing 200k+.

Discussion on fees, strategies, ROI, sectors, etc... welcome.

2. Vanguard has low fees and uses a target retirement date to balance your risk profile out. If you just want a portion of your paycheck to go to one place where you don't have to think about it. I think it's $10k minimum to avoid the flat-dollar fee.

BRK.B wouldn't be a bad way to approach that either. It's basically a mutual fund with a profitable insurance operation behind it.

That said, given your knowledge about stocks, why not take a crack at it yourself? My personal investing account blows my IRA and 401(k) out of the water (except on tax efficiency). Motley Fool (fool.com) is a good source for ideas and fundamental analysis.

3. Cuddles

Cuddles

I think I'm mostly looking out for my IRA/401K contributions and/or looking at "safer" angles where I'm not baby sitting as much.