In search of programmer

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Edo, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Splat

Splat

With respect, there's a well known saying "If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys". There is a HUGE difference between writing a python script and an optimized low latency HFT algorithm which perhaps may involve assembly programming/multithreading etc...

#11     May 27, 2022
  2. ffs1001

ffs1001

Totally agree. Likewise, there's also an expression "Using a sledge hammer to crack a nut".
    I didn't need an optimized low latency HFT algorithm. I just needed simple python scripts. So it makes no sense for me to employ the services of a multi-billion dollar international software development company to meet my needs.

Oh, and I spent 25+ years working as an Oracle database designer myself, so I can spot a monkey coder when I see one. The ones I've used have been great - got the job done, exactly as spec'ed and no problems at all with the code.

#12     May 27, 2022
    qlai likes this.
  3. dennj

dennj

I study HTML + CSS and Java right now. I took web development course at https://goit.global/us/courses/fullstack/. It's one of the best for developers. They offer theoretical and practical knowledge for developers. I'm glad that I have an apportunity to combine work and study, that's convy. I always wanted to work in IT and I hope finally my dream will come true.

#13     Jul 8, 2022
  4. bbiem

bbiem

I'd like to learn coding, but have no time for this. Thanks!

#14     Jul 12, 2022