In Search of God!

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by dealmaker, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedo

speedo

"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results."
    - Willie Nelson

#611     Sep 29, 2017
    Sprout and dealmaker like this.
  2. speedo

speedo

"Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative."
    - H. G. Wells

#612     Sep 29, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Climb every mountain
    Ford every stream
    Follow every rainbow
    'Till you find your dream
    A dream that will need
    All the love you can give
    Every day of your life
    For as long as you live
    -Oscar Ii Hammerstein, Richard Rodgers

#613     Sep 29, 2017
    speedo and dealmaker like this.
  4. Truth_

Truth_

SPOILER: At the end I will bring this round to trading.

Upon occasion I take my roommates to visit a veterinarian (they are from a superior species). During that visit they might receive a sharp pain in their hindquarters. They have had an unpleasant experience. The contract that I will only do things that bring them joy has been broken.

They have no concept of the sciences of virology, bio-chemistry, organic chemistry, mathematics (although one of them has the ability to count, not as a trick, but developed on his own, for his own self-interest, an event that I find astounding to behold). It would be quite impossible for me to explain to them that this momentary pain was to give a life saving medicine, and it was done from my duty, loyalty, and love for them.

A Buddhist monk would then ask, “point your finger at duty, loyalty, or love”.

Most events that happen in the universe are beyond our awareness. We cannot perceive all that is happening at the very far, the very small, and dark matter remains unresolved. The idea of today understanding the mechanism behind these hidden events is a ridiculous proposition. We await the discoveries of tomorrow.

We certainly cannot perceive and understand what is truly in the hearts and minds of those closest to us. I would offer the divorce rate, wars, and mass starvation of the poor as a few examples.

If there is a G_d, either as a grand creator, or for the greedy, a grand intervenor (pray for that lottery ticket, cure, other self-serving item), it is ridiculous that we could understand at the same level.

As a species we truly are selfish. We expect all other creatures and events to speak to us in our own language. We demand that dogs learn our language, rather than we, the more intelligent, learn the language of the dog, it is not logical (I have learned the 9 positions of tail, with a complex set of movements between the positions that dogs use as part of their communication, there is much more but I digress, yet again). We required that G_d write to us in stone and give us commandments as to what to do (now proven to be fake, the event never happened). Almost sounds like a new trader wanting to be told how to trade.

What is left for us to do with our lives if we are not told?

I have only a few rules for my roommates. No fighting, no urinating or defecating indoors (an illness exception is allowed without consequence) and I, in return, look after everything else for their needs. Believe me, I am not G_d.

The language and consequences of the universe (that we have become aware of) are obvious, but we must rid ourselves of pride and be open to see reality. It took us thousands of years to get something as simple as the sun and the earth in their correct positions.

My roommates simply let things be, they know the rules, and for the majority of the time, they are happy. By not wrestling with the philosophical and religious concepts of others, by seeking and following reality, I tend to be happy most of the time.

So in answer to the original topic, “In search of G_d”, my response is, what difference does it make?

The laws of nature are not there to serve you, they simply exist, but you can use them for your own benefit.

The laws governing the markets are not there to serve you, they simply exist, but you can use them for your own benefit.

So new trader, learn to see the reality of the market for yourself. Seek out teachers that explain the nature of the market and its movements, but not giving you rules of how to conduct yourself. Those you must form for yourself based on your reality.

See what happens when the markets are closed. The old man goes off thinking about things with which he should have no involvement.

#614     Sep 29, 2017
    dealmaker, speedo and MACD like this.
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Bad days are good days in disguise"
    - Christopher Reeves

#615     Sep 29, 2017
    speedo likes this.
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

"The average man is always waiting for something to happen to him instead of setting to work
    to make things happen. For one person who dreams of making £50,000, a hundred people
    dream of being left £50,000."
    - A. A. Milne ( British author Winnie - the - Pooh, 1882- 1956)

#616     Sep 29, 2017
    speedo and murray t turtle like this.
  7. %%
    Amen,DM;
    Psalm 119 says, the entrance of your Word gives light.:cool::caution::caution:

#617     Sep 29, 2017
    dealmaker likes this.
  8. #618     Sep 29, 2017
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Beginning of wisdom is knowing which questions to ask"
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

#619     Sep 29, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."