In Search of God!

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by dealmaker, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. JOHN LENNON LYRICS
    "Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion, too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

#51     Apr 8, 2017
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. Stoic physics is a systems theory about cosmic law of rationality, that also covers almost the same idea as today's physics about the concept of dark energy, imo.

#52     Apr 8, 2017
  3. Here is about Stoic Logic.

How often religious people would like to follow logic in their thoughts or discussion?

Basically, religious people would prefer referring you to their holy books' verses, which is the only truth to them. Their logic then starts from there, according to the holy verses.

#53     Apr 8, 2017
    Stocktracker likes this.
  4. Fair enough, but let me explain!

In the Quranic verse, Muhammed was describing the evolution process and natural laws that governors our universe to the unbelievers in layman’s terms; which I found it to be very similar to the way you described God in your previous post.
    By the way, Islam means peace!

Having said that, I believe that religion is part of the human society evolution ladder and that Buddha, Ibrahim, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad and many others are all good men who contemplated the existence of god and came up with a very similar concept that good will prevail on evil as the human society progresses!

Peace!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    #54     Apr 8, 2017
    CSEtrader and OddTrader like this.
  5. The last of 3 major parts about Stoicism is Stoic Ethics.

Very much a practical philosophy of inner peace in our daily life, imo.

#55     Apr 8, 2017
  6. imo, the evolution/weakness of various religions has/had been trying to find/define God in a mystical direction which is to limit/ restrict what God can do and what God will not do, according to their holy books that was written by human beings, in order to ask their followers to follow through.

The holy books Is beyond and above God! ??? (Possibly a major source of causing various religious/political conflicts.)

A practical philosophy like Stoicism removes all the religious mysticism.

imo, the leaders of traditional religions should modernise/liberalise their religions by adopting/integrating more and more practical philosophy elements. Making their religions becoming much more believable than before.

That would be truly a Real Peace!

LOL

#56     Apr 8, 2017
  7. “Say to yourself in the early morning: I shall meet today ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, uncharitable men. All of the ignorance of real good and ill... I can neither be harmed by any of them, for no man will involve me in wrong, nor can I be angry with my kinsman or hate him; for we have come into the world to work together...”

Marcus Aurelius

To that I say Amen Brother!

#57     Apr 8, 2017
    CSEtrader likes this.
  8. There are too many new things I would like to learn from Stoicism.

One of them is the concept about evil person/doing.

Stoicism accepts that evil person/doing is simply part of nature/God. AFAIK

That makes me how to understand why Jesus says to accept your evil enemies' existence. This kind of acceptance is agape-love, therefore to agape-love your enemies' existence.

That's Stoicism.

Perhaps because of this, the concept of sin is also not much mentioned in Stoicism. AFAIK

When people following the Stoicism, with a mind of accepting evil person/thing as part of daily life, and without much concept of sin, (s)he then should be hardly often a hater.

It's funny, and practically useful.

Just 10 cents!

#58     Apr 8, 2017
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

Man has created God and called him the "creator" therefore we are most God like when we are being creative because when we are creating we are in the moment/ consumed by the moment.

#59     Apr 8, 2017
    CSEtrader and Sprout like this.
  10. Religion: Whatever the holy book says is good!
    Philosophy: Arguing what is good!
    Practical Philosophy: Just being good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#60     Apr 8, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.