In Search of God!

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by dealmaker, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Surrender to the process not the end goal. Never fear the great lows in pursuit of great highs."
    - Adam Seltzner PhD.

#561     Sep 22, 2017
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which
    he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpectedly in common hours."
    - Henry David Thoreau

#562     Sep 22, 2017
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

"If your dreams are your road-map your heart is your guide."
    - Angela Ahrendts

#563     Sep 22, 2017
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Not all those that wonder are lost"
    - J.R.R. Tolkien

#564     Sep 22, 2017
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Pretending to know everything closes the door to finding what's really there."
    - Neil de Grasse Tyson

#565     Sep 22, 2017
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Discipline equals freedom" - Jocko Willink

#566     Sep 22, 2017
    lovethetrade likes this.
  7. themickey

themickey

"....I believe that the desire to evolve, i.e., to get better, is probably humanity’s most pervasive driving force. Enjoying your job, a craft, or your favorite sport comes from the innate satisfaction of getting better.
    Though most people typically think that they are striving to get things (e.g., toys, better houses, money, status, etc.) that will make them happy, that is not usually the case. Instead, when we get the things we are striving for, we rarely remain satisfied.
    It affects the changes of everything from all species to the entire solar system. It is good because evolution is the process of adaptation that leads to improvement. So, based on how I observe both nature and humanity working, I believe that what is bad and most punished are those things that don’t work because they are at odds with the laws of the
    universe and they impede evolution.

It is natural that it should be this way—i.e., that our lives are not satisfied by obtaining our goals rather than by striving for them—because of the law of diminishing returns.
    It is natural for us to seek other things or to seek to make the things we have better. In the process of this seeking, we continue to evolve and we contribute to the evolution of all that we have contact with. The things we are striving for are just the bait to get us to chase
    after them in order to make us evolve, and it is the evolution and not the reward itself that matters to us and those around us."
    Principles by Ray Dalio

#567     Sep 23, 2017
    dealmaker likes this.
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Achievement = talent x effort²" - Angela Duckworth PhD

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    #568     Sep 23, 2017
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    #569     Sep 23, 2017