In Search of God!

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by dealmaker, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Be it that palm of victor awaits him, be it that he is
    destined to sink beneath the weight of his herculean
    task, at such a time he is no longer man. He is demigod!"
    -Polybius (Roman Historian) of Hannibal

#21     Apr 5, 2017
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

"The enemy who is learned is better than a friend who is a fool."
    - Saadi

#22     Apr 5, 2017
    CSEtrader, Sprout and themickey like this.
  3. The only seed you planted in your friend mind that day is the seed of fear! The fear of punishment, fear of the unknown and the fear of death are some of the psychological seeds that promoted the cave dwellers thousands of years ago to create GOD!

#23     Apr 5, 2017
    OddTrader likes this.
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom"
    - Kierkegaard

anx·i·e·ty
    aNGˈzīədē/
    noun
    1. a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.

#24     Apr 5, 2017
  5. I agree...and it worked! Thank you! He's much involved in his church now and he's much more open to religion than I ever was. He and I believe in God from our hearts, but I might add that I'm resistant to "religion" in general. The both of us have logical/scientific reasoning type of mental processes, but it doesn't stop us from being "believers"...like it does for so many other logical thinking snobs!

#25     Apr 5, 2017
    CSEtrader and userque like this.
  6. MrScalper

MrScalper

There is absolutely no problem in any person believing what ever they want to believe in.

The problem arises when the FEW try to impose their way of thinking on the MANY.

For centuries, mainly due to the lack of "information", or to be more specific, the lack of "communication", the MANY were blind, aka "ignorant" to what was going on in the world as a whole.

This led to a way of thinking that gave the FEW power and authority.

Since the late 1800's and early 1900's, with the arrival of "means of communication", the MANY slowly started to gain access to "information".

We have just started, and it has taken just over 100 years to wipe out most of the brainwashing that was carried out for many thousands of years.

Some say that in another 50 years things will have changed dramatically from the way they are now, as the last of the "ignorant" era passes away.

Trading has a lot in common with religion :)

For those interested in learning about the timeline...a starting point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_communication#/media/File:Sumerian_26th_c_Adab.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    #26     Apr 5, 2017
    CSEtrader likes this.
  7. MrScalper

MrScalper

If you really want to experience God on this earth, then all you need do is reverse the 3 letters :)

Your best friend.

Unconditional love.

Forever faithful.

Would die for you.

Brings joy and happiness to the whole family.

Beat that! :)

#27     Apr 5, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

"None of us can be as great as God, but any of us can be as good".
    - Mark Twain

#28     Apr 5, 2017
    CSEtrader, lovethetrade and dealmaker like this.
  9. MrScalper

MrScalper

#29     Apr 5, 2017
  10. Stocktracker and Oddtrader...do you think "God's Way" is always fluffy, kind, and certain? Don't you think God has used "fear" to connect/communicate with us in the past...it's in the Bible isn't it? Have you ever heard the term "GOD FEARING PERSON"? What are you guys thinking?:confused:

#30     Apr 5, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.