In Search of God!

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by dealmaker, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them."
    ― Marcus Aurelius

#2201     Jun 23, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.

2. There is a Hindu saying which is something like this: "Many men dig many shallow wells and then complain that there is no such thing as water."

It context it refers to spiritual seekers who flit from one religion and one practice to another rather than embrace one religion or practice and follow it to the source.

#2202     Jun 23, 2018
    CSEtrader and dealmaker like this.
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Invictus
    By William Ernest Henley
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/51642/invictus

#2203     Jun 24, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. “I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn.”

Henry David Thoreau

#2204     Jun 24, 2018
    CSEtrader and dealmaker like this.
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

"To err is human, to forgive, divine."
    - ALEXANDER POPE

#2205     Jun 24, 2018
    fordewind likes this.
  6. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

The ancient Indian story of a blind beggar and a crippled beggar.... retold by Osho
    There were once two beggars, in the village - the one was blind and another one was crippled. They both lived outside the village in the forest. Of course, they were competitors to each other, enemies ¯ begging is a business. But one day the forest was on fire. The cripple had no way to escape because he could not move on his own. He had eyes to see which way they could get out of the fire, but what use is that if you don't have legs? The blind man had legs, could move fast and get out of the fire, but how was he going to find the place where the fire had not reached yet?
    Both were going to die in the forest, burned alive. It was such an emergency that they forgot about their competition.
    They immediately dropped their antagonism ¯ that was the only way to survive. The blind man took the cripple on his shoulders, they found the way out of the fire. One was seeing, and the other was moving accordingly.
    Something like this has to happen within you ¯ of course, in reverse order. The head has the eyes, the heart has the guts to move into anything. You have to make a synthesis between the two. And the synthesis, I have to emphasize, should be that the heart remains the master, and the head becomes the servant. You have as a servant a great asset ¯ your reasoning. You cannot be befooled, you cannot be cheated and exploited. The heart has all feminine qualities: love, beauty, grace. The head is barbarous. The heart is far more civilized, far more innocent.
    A conscious man uses his head as a servant, and his heart as the master ¯ just the opposite of the story I told you

#2206     Jun 24, 2018
    dealmaker likes this.
  7. "Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop."

– Ovid

#2207     Jun 25, 2018
    dealmaker and CSEtrader like this.
  8. imjohn

imjohn

"Non-accomplishment resides in your perpetual postponement. And, having the power to postpone, you also have the power to accomplish - to perpetually accomplish; realize this truth, and you shall be today, and everyday, the ideal man of who you dreamed." - J Allen

#2208     Jun 25, 2018
    CSEtrader and vanzandt like this.
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

“I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.”
    - Art Williams

#2209     Jun 25, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Don’t just aspire to make a living. Aspire to make a difference."
    - DENZEL WASHINGTON

#2210     Jun 25, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.