In or out

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kybandit, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Roark

Roark

I guess the word "lucky" should be inserted before gambler. You're getting a bounce with AAPL. Do you still have the position open?

#21     Apr 13, 2011
  2. +1

#22     Apr 13, 2011
  3. Trading isn't all about "taking chances" at all. It's true that you have to have balls in this business to be a big trader, but having balls and no plan will mean all you'll have is your balls after your 100K disappears.

#23     Apr 13, 2011
  4. kybandit

kybandit

No, I sold just before closing, that's been my pattern...I've made over 80,000 this year on 3 stocks...crm, aapl and nflx..I've been buying them on pull backs and selling them short...Lately these stocks have been flat and I thought potash would make a short move but it went opposite...Made 1100 bucks on apple today tho..If anybody has a good trade, pm me, I'll gladly pay for a educated pick...

#24     Apr 13, 2011
  5. It's in a big channel, in a period of higher volatility. So take that into account when assessing the stock's movement. Unless this current downswing is the start of an extended sell off, the stock will recover and probably make new highs. The industry is healthy, more cropland is being planted and fertilized than ever before, (as are more women) and there is consolidation through merger and acquisition.

If a killer asteroid strikes, your fucked. But so are all of us.

#25     Apr 13, 2011
  6. kybandit

kybandit

And yea I've got a great big sack and a bunch of common sense to go with it...I've been trading now for 5 months with no training what so ever...Before I invest, I stop, look and listen...I'm just now taking the time to set down and read different strategies....In my 5 months of trading, I've almost doubled my initial investment but the last month or so has been tough...

#26     Apr 13, 2011
  7. Roark

Roark

What a novel approach, thinking for yourself instead of listening to some guru. That may be the secret to your success.

#27     Apr 13, 2011
  8. Welcome to the game and good luck. What's training?

#28     Apr 13, 2011

9. Whenever some guy came on here saying his was losing money, some resident ET gurus would jump in and give him advices.

Turns out you made more money than the gurus do. haha, you just duped some ET gurus to give you advices. Sometimes, these gurus couldn't find newbies to give advices to, they would give advices to veteran traders like neke. These gurus just wouldn't lose any chance of giving advices.:D

#29     Apr 13, 2011
  10. Did you take the loss? This baby is testing some kidn os support here.

#30     Apr 15, 2011