In one sentence, what is your edge for 2019?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tonyf, Feb 13, 2019.

1. maxinger

maxinger

nice poem

#51     Feb 14, 2019
  2. neke

neke

Hard to see how you can predict 2nd and 3rd derivatives, and be clueless on the main function.

#52     Feb 14, 2019
    Doug and d08 like this.
  3. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Didn't say anything about being clueless...just that signal to noise ratio is low .

#53     Feb 14, 2019
  4. Create a trading plan, follow it, and control my emotions.

#54     Feb 16, 2019
  5. still looking for an edge for longer ticks. Price action and short EMA works for 2-5 tick scalps. But scalping is risky and with tight stops more often you make very little profits, Also commission and fees eats into your profit. I trade almost 40-50 contracts a day and end of day it is not much profit to show with commission of $200 or more a day. Better to trade reversals and trends unless you can manage to trade large lots scalping 2-3 ticks. i am still looking for the edge in longer duration trades that is something like 5-10 points. Also commission and fees stays under control. Trying to set up something using price action, EMA and volume profile and OBV.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    #55     Feb 16, 2019
  6. traider

traider

What are your comms and which instrument are you trading? It's insane to do your volume without special rates.

#56     Feb 16, 2019
  7. You the guy who lost 500k journaled here?

#57     Feb 16, 2019
  8. Gedman

Gedman

I believe you are a successful trader Handle123, so my comment is not directed at you but rather at the idea a successful trading system might be one that accepts "...15 losing trades in a row...[and] 2% risk [per trade]...". Could there be such a system and a profitable trader who trades it? Yes. But that would be a rare combination, not a model most traders should consider or seek to master. A much better model for most would be: more winning trades than losing trades; average win larger than average loss.

#58     Feb 16, 2019
  9. themickey

themickey

The market has its ups and downs.
    Just recently for example with the market pullback one may have experienced a greater run of losses but now the landscape has changed that bad run has come to an end for now.

#59     Feb 16, 2019
  10. Gedman

Gedman

I trade intraday only. Never hold anything overnight. My comment was from this perspective. A down market for a few weeks/months, an up market for a few weeks/months doesn't affect my trading plan.

#60     Feb 16, 2019
    themickey likes this.