In-N-Out president explains why the burger chain probably won't expand to the East Coast

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dealmaker, Aug 22, 2016.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

2. dealmaker

dealmaker

Anthony Bourdain on In-N-Out: 'My Favorite Restaurant in LA'

3. I must be the oddball,
    but In N Out burger is way overrated. I don't understand why everyone raves about it. It tastes very bland and neutral.

I'd rather order a thick, medium-rare restaurant burger instead of eating one from that chain.
    Food critic Anthony Bourdain saying that's the best restaurant in LA...just totally discounts and discredits him immediately.

Cuddles, jem and RRY16 like this.
  4. jem

jem

its what McDonalds should be and probably was in the 50s.
    To me, its good for fast food but its not great food.

But, when relatives come to visit they go nuts for it... so I could be wrong.

Cuddles likes this.
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

The In-N-Out burger billionaire: At 36 years old, Lynsi Snyder is the youngest woman on this year’s Forbes 400 Richest Americans list. With a net worth of $3 billion, she’s the sole owner of burger empire In-N-Out. Snyder’s past lies in stark contrast to the company’s long-standing stability — she never graduated from college, battled through drug use, and went through three divorces. Taking over the franchise in 2010 gave her a sense of purpose. “When you persevere, you end up developing more strength,” she said.

“It’s not about the money for us. Unless God sends a lightning bolt down and changes my heart miraculously, I would not ever sell.”

6. mlawson71

mlawson71

I suddenly remembered he passed away. RIP, he was such a bright light.

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

8. Overnight

Overnight

Being mentioned in The Big Lebowski probably had a big influence on their decision to keep them in the west.

Don't want to taint that image. Oh, and the aforementioned point that there are simply too many burger competitors out here. No money to be made? No expansion.

Like Chick-Fil-A. Why the hell is that place so popular and expanding into the Northeast? Their food is just ho-hum.

9. dealmaker

dealmaker

10. mlawson71

mlawson71

People should be more careful in such dry conditions.

#10     Nov 25, 2019