In my opinion, trading is one of the only few ways left to thrive in this world.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by d-rock1080, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Aziz

Aziz

My Advice is to find a Job and do some trading on the side. I am doing this and my plan is to have an early retirement before the age of 40. not much of a profit these days but enough to have a respectable cumulative account by that age.

#31     Aug 8, 2010
  2. Cheese

Cheese

For you the answer is 'No'. You answer yourself by saying you just want "some juicy cash flow." This specifically won't happen for you.

More people should become winners and make themselves rich from the markets. I endorse that. I would like that. But it doesn't happen. Everything from lack of a suitable temperament for trading through to insufficient problem solving savvy prevent both the educated and the lesser educated from making it in trading to any significant degree, if at all.

Better you are told this outcome before you go on entertaining a fantasy future for yourself.
    :)

#32     Aug 8, 2010
  3. just a newbie of this forum so don't have any thing to write :D

#33     Aug 8, 2010
  4. TradeMetal,

"Your comments about how unfair the world is for the 'normal' guys is a joke compared how the world looked in the old times."

Any examples?

By the way, you missed the ENTIRE point of my post. When I talk about the economy, I do it to illustrate why I trade, because the market always presents opportunities no matter what the rest of the world is doing. And don't talk to me about sitting on the sidelines. I just took a chance last month and moved out of the midwest to a big city on the west coast. I now have a job with a respected company through no network but sheer aggression and determination. In addition, I am currently trading and profitable. I have been to China twice now and will probably move to Beijing in the coming years given my developed Mandarin skills. Please be sure you understand what the person is saying before you take out your bitter experiences on that person.

#34     Aug 8, 2010
  5. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

Well, even easier than trading is to get in good with the governments. Or BE the government as in dictator.

#35     Aug 9, 2010
  6. rew

rew

It's really hard to accept trading advice from a guy whose screen name is deadbroke.

#36     Aug 10, 2010

7. :D :D :D

This has now been said by sooo many others that it is RELIGION.

#37     Aug 11, 2010
  8. apama1

apama1

deadbroker is now so popular :D

#38     Aug 29, 2010
  9. Do not let "being your own boss" be an appeal. It is harder than just having a real boss to boot you to perform!

AMEN!

#39     Aug 29, 2010
  10. Thread title is a beautiful concept - but just make sure you get enough exercise so you don't develop a dinosaur butt from all the countless hours of sitting ......... :) :)

A man and his stock market trader wife were working in their garden one day and the man looks over at his wife and says: "Your butt is getting really big, I mean really big. I bet your butt is bigger than the barbecue."

With that he proceeded to get a measuring tape and measure the grill and then went over to where his wife was working and measured his wife's bottom.
    "Yes, I was right; your butt is two inches wider than the barbecue!!!"

The woman chose to ignore her husband.

Later that night in bed, the husband is feeling a little frisky. He makes some advances towards his wife who completely brushes him off.

"What's wrong?" he asks ..............

She answers: "Do you really think I'm going to fire up this big-ass grill for one little weenie?

#40     Aug 30, 2010